Advice Request Don't trust Kaspersky license

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
You can disconnect devices but that does not mean that you freed room from the activated key. Bullguard, GData, F-Secure, Malwarebytes, Eset, Bitdefender and Trend Micro allow you to release license.

If you deactivated all devices, the license is free, if you are activating the same license in a new device over a certain number of times in a month, anti-piracy system will flag the key.

Last edited:

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
But you can deactivate devices you no longer use in My Kaspersky. Just go to the devices tab, select the device, and select disconnect.

The problem is that quick multiple activations will block the key because it may be compromised and being used for piracy. Most software with online key activation will behave this way, even Windows will block the key and force you to contact Microsoft if you activate it too many times in a month,

They do that because others need to pirate key for this software or for exemple ESET, I think they prevent that from adding a layer of protection. Also I had problems with license but they always helped me.

Also they need to improve macOS version, hire some guys not children from kindergarten.

On my main laptop I use Kaspersky for 13+ years and I had this problems: license key and macOS.

Reactions: Protomartyr

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
If you deactivated all devices, the license is free, if you are activating the same license in a new device over a certain number of times in a month, anti-piracy system will flag the key.
I do reinstall Windows multiple times per month. At least they should have hardware binding or sth like that which will allow them to see the key was activated on a new device or just reinstalled on the same device.

fabiobr

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Another issue I found: Kaspersky is not uploading to Dropbox the backups, I tried to restore some backup to test and it says I have nothing on dropbox (but software is saying It has backed up, but it's showing 0KB uploaded)

How first back up (that shows I have 8GB of files) can upload zero files and 0KB? And that's happening on ALL my PCs with KTS.

View attachment 245008

Support send me an email to download and run GSI (GetSystemInfo.exe), I'm running:
View attachment 245009
New update from their Advanced support team:

They asked me to uninstall temporarily Adobe Creative Cloud, which I need because I work with Photoshop and Illustrator. They told me to do a backup with only 10-100 Mb to test (I hope they're hoping to only test because I will not back up with only that storage value, obviously I have much more than this to backup).

The way I'm feeling: They're using me to test a bug that the software has, because this issue with backup happens on all my PCs at dropbox KTS backup, not only who has Creative Cloud installed. And doing all this with the application data collector activated to send to them later.

Reactions: mlnevese

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.