Dos-protection in the router.

Zorro

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Hello! I looked into the settings of the router to see the statistics of the device, if someone else was connected. And I drew attention to a function that I had not paid attention to before. This is a function of protection against Dos attacks (and various ones). I read that such a function is in the Asus and TP-Link routers. How useful is it and is it worth it to include? (it is disabled by default) Is a regular home-use computer really susceptible to a DOS attack? At the same time, configuration is still implied there (you can specify the number of packets). At the same time, it is unclear how many packages to install (because the default values are not suitable for everyone, since the number of computers in the local network is always different).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.