Advice Request Doubt about Kaspersky license

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I have just purchased a new license for Kaspersky Total Security for 5 machines, nice promotion in my country, it was actually half what I'd pay for a KIS license for 3 machines.

I currently have a KIS license that still has about 8 months to expire.I know that if you purchase a license for the same product, unless it is used to activate a copy, Kaspersky holds it in reserve until your current icense expires.

My doubt is as I have purchased a license for a different product will it stay in reserve until I activate it in one of my computers or will it be activated immediately? I searched Kaspersky Knowledge Base but saw no mention of it anywhere...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65228

The easiest and most reliable way to know for sure is to contact them at support and ask.

Saves you the hassle of asking and waiting for someone who may know (and could be wrong) or searching through other forums. Just ask them, they'll know best.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
The easiest and most reliable way to know for sure is to contact them at support and ask.

Saves you the hassle of asking and waiting for someone who may know (and could be wrong) or searching through other forums. Just ask them, they'll know best.

I couldn't agree more @Opcode ! The best thing anyone can do is to contact their support team as they will have the definitive answer. Then you will also have email or physical proof of what they said should something unforeseen occur. Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Brian

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
That's a damn good idea. I agree :)

That way if something unexpected happens, you can use the e-mail response to make your report and get things transitioned back to how they should have been, or compensation of some form.

@Opcode Thanks! :)

Yup! If something off the rocker does occur you can say 'now wait a minute on such and such a day at such and such time you said this'... Then you can provide Kaspersky with the proof of the interaction/email/comment and they should respond in a supportive/compensative manner. Nothing beats going right to the source which is support department of the given piece of software. Who knows - you may develop a great relationship with the given person that they'd be willing to help you later on with a discount or something! Needless to say, it never hurts to go right to the source for anything (well nearly anything). (y)

Sincerely,

Brian

v.maroz

Level 1
Aug 20, 2017
I will answer you and without asking for technical support.

Add the code from KTS as a reserve in KIS will not work.
as soon as the program sees that the new code in the KTS backup code entry window, it will ask you for permission to switch the program to KTS
that is, in this case you will have a new license from KTS, KIS will be transformed into KTS, and the license of KIS will continue to expire.
it is better for you to wait until the end of the KIS license (8 more months), and then enter the code from KTS and go to KTS.
so you will not lose anything.

good luck!

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I also think that @v.maroz is right... but... (there is always a but...) it depends on the license and the online shop where You bought it, because usually KL license online ones are auto activated at the moment of the buying process...

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I bought it from the local Kaspersky page Anyway I just recreceived an answer from support and my new license must be activated within 30 days of purchase. The discount was good enough to make it worth even with thet lost months though. It's a 3 years license :)

Berny

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2016
I never had any activation limit date for the licenses that I purchased from Kaspersky and got recently a confirmation about this from K-Lab. Maybe that your case has something to do with a specific promotion ... Some time ago i activated successfully a really very old boxed license that I forgot about :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.