Download Ninja 1.0.3.0 (With Media Downloads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@MikeD

How can I removed Completed Downloads without losing the downloaded file(s)? I don't wish to shred anything, just clear this list.

upload_2014-7-17_10-45-7.png

Reactions: MalwareT

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Right Click -> Delete Completed

Then uncheck Delete All Downloaded Data. That will stop DN from downloading the downloaded data (the wording is currently wrong, will fix that!)

The latest version, that will be out this week has a quick Clear Completed option on the right click.

Reactions: Ink

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
yeah the wording is not very good at the moment.. saying delete implies that you are deleting the downloaded data when actually you can just delete the download meta data, not the downloaded files.

I'll make a change now to make that a little clearer.

Reactions: XhenEd and MalwareT

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Are we supposed to play the media on your browser while you're adding the url in the "Add Media Download"?
I tried both ways, but I was unable to download any videos from Youtube

URL for testing:

Please add support for Project Free TV . I download a lot of T.V series from there....

Also please support Opera and IE soon. And make a "Download" button available on the web browser, instead of having to copy-paste the url, because we won't remember the url's to simply copy-paste them, we've to go to the site, and then copy the url. Instead of that, a simple "Download" button over the video will be helpful.

Reactions: PlayerFromTheITtic

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Are we supposed to play the media on your browser while you're adding the url in the "Add Media Download"?
I tried both ways, but I was unable to download any videos from Youtube

URL for testing:

Please update to build 16.. it includes the latest YouTube changes so those videos will work.

http://get.downloadninja.com/download.ninja_build16.exe

Please add support for Project Free TV . I download a lot of T.V series from there....

I'll have a look

Also please support Opera and IE soon.

I've been told today actually that Opera works with the Chrome extension, you just need to install this extension first:

https://addons.opera.com/extensions/details/app_id/kipjbhgniklcnglfaldilecjomjaddfi

I have not tried this yet but apparently it works well.

And make a "Download" button available on the web browser, instead of having to copy-paste the url, because we won't remember the url's to simply copy-paste them, we've to go to the site, and then copy the url. Instead of that, a simple "Download" button over the video will be helpful.

I wont be adding a Download button on top of the video I don't think as DN's video parsing doesn't work like that but using the extension you can see a list of available videos on that page.

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Reactions: PlayerFromTheITtic

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
14-16 were internal testing versions sent to users who reported issues but as there were several issues at the same time they did not make it to official releases.

I've just released 17 via the update system that includes:

http://get.downloadninja.com

build 17 (July 19 2014)

Enhancements
  • Increase max download connections to 32
  • Option to auto remove completed downloads
  • Double click on download summary to open main window
  • Added file extension list for clipboard URL checking
  • Added media website list for clipboard URL checking
  • Re-enabled download media formats in Chrome/Firefox extensions
  • Media selector in add media download screen
  • Check for updates button on about page
Fixes
  • Main download queue does not auto start after upgrade (fixed for upgrades, existing users need to manually enable in settings)
  • Fixed crash when verifying download if main window hidden on startup
  • General bug fixes

D

Deleted member 2913

The system auto checks for updates at startup but I've also added a check for update button on the about page in build 17.
It would be good if there is an option to enable/disable autoupdate plus with an option to notify about updates. There are many users who do/like performing manual updates.

And it would be good if one thread is followed as it would be easy & comfortable than following 2 threads.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I wont be adding a Download button on top of the video I don't think as DN's video parsing doesn't work like that but using the extension you can see a list of available videos on that page.

Let me just tell you why having a Download button is efficient. If it's not possible, there are other ideas to implement.

Say am downloading a set of Android tutorial videos from Derek Banes Youtube channel.

First I'd have to load the video links (open) individually on my browser, copy-paste the link and add it to Ninja Media Downloader which should again load the video for searching media contents and then capture it. So it's twice the work and twice the time actually. Now this goes for every video in the tutorial.

Having a Download button eases the procedure, you just have to load the video in your browser once and click the Download button.

EagleGet v2.0 alpha has included a 2 way procedure to download videos.

1. Video download icon pops up over video in browser:
mTTg7Ji.png

2. Video sniffer in the interface: When videos are playing in your browser, a sniffer icon gets highlighted, which on clicking gives you available formats for the videos. Best part is that all the sniffed videos will be presented as a list, for instance the Android tutorial channel has around 30 videos, so whenever you play each video and go to the next, the sniffed items are shown in the Sniffer, and can be download as a batch, by ticking the corresponding fields...Look image for better understanding

s8p9hKd.png

I think Ninja can implement the second method, and thus avoid the extra time required to download videos.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Still cant download Youtube videos with v17. Was able to from Vimeo

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Feature request:

Please make categorized downloading as default, instead of downloading to one main folder. It's hard especially for newbies to manually categorize downloads by filtering extensions. To make DN more user friendly, provide this feature out of the box.

I'll give you the rules and the default categories
Compressed: zip rar r0* r1* arj gz sit sitx sea ace bz2 7z
Documents: doc pdf ppt pps
Programs: exe msi
Music: mp3 wav wma mpa ram ra aac aif m4a
Videos: avi mpg mpe mpeg mkv asf wmv mov qt rm mp4 flv m4v webm ogv ogg

Or this Wikipedia page could be helpful

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Even after updating to v18, cant still download Youtube videos. I think we need to implement a better technique to download videos, something similar to that of EagleGet (as it supports all websites and even when changes are implemented in Youtube).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.