No Reply Downloaded an extension that I cannot remove (ID: pejhfhcoekcajgokallhmklcjkkeemgj)

This support request was closed after at least 5 days without a reply from the author.
Still need help? Send a direct message to a staff member within the next 5 days and include a link to this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevina

New Member
I have tried delete this extension via my files but the extension is still there. I have also tried to reset chrome browser settings but it has not disappeared yet. Please can someone help.
 

Attachments

Hello..! Welcome to MalwareTips..! :)

Looking over your logs now.
Dependent on how much I need to research I may be a while, and as it's getting late where I am, it may be tomorrow morning (my time GMT) before I get back to you.
 
Hello..! :)

  • Download the Revo Uninstaller (Free Download) and save it on your Desktop.
  • Double click on the exe file created on your Desktop to run the installer, and follow the instructions to install the program.
  • Double click the program's icon to open it.
  • Write in the search area, on the top left, the following program:

Code:
TotalAV (HKLM-x32\...\TotalAV) (Version: 5.22.37 - TotalAV) <==== ATTENTION

  • Choose the Uninstall tab from the menu and let the program to create a Restore point.
  • Choose Scan, and then the Advanced mode scan.
  • Select all the Online Services items found, Delete and Next.
  • Let the procedure be completed and click on Finish.
  • Restart the computer.

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool - Fix

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone


Please download the attached file to the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.


In your next reply, please include:
  • Fixlog.txt
 

Attachments

I'm unsure if I'm meant to type in
TotalAV (HKLM-x32\...\TotalAV) (Version: 5.22.37 - TotalAV) <==== ATTENTION
or TotalAV (HKLM-x32\...\TotalAV) (Version: 5.22.37 - TotalAV)

So I tried both, however I didn't get any results at all.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2023-05-17 132922.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-17 132922.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2023-05-17 132945.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-17 132945.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 3
Sorry..! :)
  • Write in the search area, on the top left, the following program:
Code:
TotalAV
 
I'm not sure if I did the first step correctly but the extension seems to have gone. Thank you.

Well done..! :) Last check just to ensure everything is clean..:

  • Double click Frst64.exe to launch it.
  • FRSTwill start to run.
    • When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
    • Copy/Paste or Type the following line into the Search: box:

Code:
Searchall: pejhfhcoekcajgokallhmklcjkkeemgj

  • Press the Search Files button.
  • When finished searching a log will open on your Desktop ... Search.txt
  • Please post it in your next reply.

Next ....:

Download ESET Online Scanner and save it to your desktop.

  • Right-click on esetonlinescanner_enu.exe and select Run as Administrator.
  • When the tool opens, click Get Started.
  • Read and accept the license agreement.
  • At the Welcome to ESET Online Scanner window, click Get Started.
  • Select whether you would like to send anonymous data to ESET.
  • Note: if you see the "Welcome Back to ESET Online Scanner" screen, click Computer Scan > Full Scan.
  • Click on the Full Scan option.
  • Select Enable ESET to detect and remove potentially unwanted applications, then click Start scan.
  • ESET will now begin scanning your computer. This may take some time.
  • When the scan is finished and if threats have been detected, select Save scan log. Save it to your desktop as eset.txt. Click on Continue.
  • ESET Online Scanner may ask if you'd like to turn on the Periodic Scan feature. Click on Continue.
  • On the next screen, you can leave feedback about the program if you wish. Check the box for Delete application data on closing. If you left feedback, click Submit and continue. If not, Close without feedback.
  • Open the scan log on your desktop (eset.txt) and copy and paste its contents into your next reply.
 
I did the scan and there was no threat detected. Unfortunately I didn't get a scan log saved. I have uploaded the Search.Txt.
 

Attachments

Thank you...! Very good... :)

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool - Fix

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone


Please download the attached file to the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.


In your next reply, please include:
  • Fixlog.txt
 

Attachments

Due to lack of activity, this topic is now closed.
If you still need help, open a new topic, and wait for a new helper.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top