Downloading torrents spoofed

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Hello is there a way to downbload torrents with uTorrent without my real ip address can be seen?
I mean by using proxies or Tor or somenting.

I mean a way to encrypt network traffic behidn proxies or by sing the Tor anonymity service so even my ISP wont know what iam downloading!

please enlight me!

Thanks!

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I am sure this is not your intent. ;)

But please be aware, that discussion of warez or illegal activities isn't allowed here.

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
I just want some privacy, i dont want to use it to download illegal stuff just keep my ip safe.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
If you enable this in utorrent then all your download or upload connection in utorrent is encrypted

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Thats going to hide my real ip address form the other clients that currently downloading the same file?

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
That Wont Hide your real Ip but will encrypt your connection so that no one knows whats being downloaded or uploaded

EDIT
If you hide your ip with proxy or VPN then you wont get good speed your speed will be considerably reduced

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
And what if i also wanted to hide my real ip address and as a matter of fact encrypt ALL network traffic from ISP and servers over the internet?

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
If you want to hide all network traffic then i suppose the best way is to use a VPN (virtual private network) software this will encrypt all your connections and hide your real ip but downloading and uploading speed will depend on the VPN servers and service so you have to choose wisely
Test before you buy any VPN since there are loads of it out there

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Ive been using private internet access for a while now and it hides your ip and has many servers, but this is a paid vpn

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
imsoadude said:
Ive been using private internet access for a while now and it hides your ip and has many servers, but this is a paid vpn

Which VPN are you using and how quich it lets you download and how much you pay per month?

Isnt there a reliable FREE VPN?

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
loveboy_lion said:
If you want to hide all network traffic then i suppose the best way is to use a VPN (virtual private network) software this will encrypt all your connections and hide your real ip but downloading and uploading speed will depend on the VPN servers and service so you have to choose wisely
Test before you buy any VPN since there are loads of it out there

Can you explain to me please how VPN service works?

Any outgoing http/ftp/mail/torrent xonnextion gets encrypter by the VPN software and then after reaches the VPN servers gets un-encrypted and then the VPN server sends/receives information back to me hence its ip address is shown as request?

Is that how it works?

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Im not sure about free i didnt really look but im using privateinternetaccess.com i havent had problems with speed they have their own speed test https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/network/ , also for price its $3.33 / month if you sign up for a year

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
i suppose this is the cheapest VPN
http://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/wifi-security.php

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
HideMyAss VPN looks a lot better though....more expensive too....need to find somethign free and reliable...

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Nikos said:
Hello is there a way to downbload torrents with uTorrent without my real ip address can be seen?
I mean by using proxies or Tor or somenting.

I mean a way to encrypt network traffic behidn proxies or by sing the Tor anonymity service so even my ISP wont know what iam downloading!

please enlight me!

Thanks!

Here's some info on that, as far as I know all the good ones you have to pay for.
Personally I encrypt my connection like lion already posted and I use a blocklist manager and peerblock.

EDIT:
I also never check any of the boxes below other than the one highlighted since I mainly use private trackers which are more safer.
uJjeD.jpg

DeadDrop

Aug 19, 2012
What your looking for is a VPN. Two of the best are http://www.bolehvpn.net/ & https://mullvad.net/en/ about $5 a month and both are highly respected in the VPN community.

Nikos

Thread author
Jul 19, 2012
Isnt HideMyAss the best
VPN of all with the most servers around he world?

DeadDrop

Aug 19, 2012
Nikos said:
Isnt HideMyAss the best
VPN of all with the most servers around he world?

NO!!!! Certainly not! They keep logs for 2 years on users and have a history of co-operating with the FBI!

As I said go for BolehVPN or Mullvad you will be safe with them.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.