Downloading Windows updates via catalogue

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Hello! I have just finished installing Windows 10 1909 on my HP laptop. I have experienced many issues with 2004 so I have decided to revert back to 1909. I had a backup image but for some reason it is not working. Given the fact that I am on a very poor network connection, how can I download updates via Microsoft update catalogue on a better internet connection then install them? Thank you

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
You will need to download the latest CU for your Win10 build, as it contains all the previous updates. For 1909 it should be KB4559004, search for it on Microsoft update catalogue . Then you can download and install it as usual. I don't believe drivers, microcode updates and Windows defender component updates are included in it.
You can bookmark it for future, this will show every cumulative update for your build.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I second all of the above advice, based on doing the same as you for a friend when their machine more or less choked on 2004 after several weeks of using it. I took it back to 1909 and used the update catelogue to download onto a usb stick to transfer the files onto their PC

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
First, I would like to thank all of you for helping me. I have followed your advice and downloaded the latest update from catalogue and now everything is running smoothly.
I second all of the above advice, based on doing the same as you for a friend when their machine more or less choked on 2004 after several weeks of using it. I took it back to 1909 and used the update catelogue to download onto a usb stick to transfer the files onto their PC

2004 was running just fine on my HP 250 G7 Notebook, but lately I have started experiencing some issue; prolonged startup time and shutdown, the disk optimisation bug, an increase in my ssd's temp (constantly 50 C) and F-Secure consuming more resources than it should (have not experienced this on any devices but this one).

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017

Attachments

• capture_07292020_072000.jpg
    capture_07292020_072000.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 116

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.