https://malwaretips.com/threads/68129/

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I use cFosSpeed 10.11.2250 (Beta with Lifetime License)... This is a really nice pice of software if you want to get your packets optimized. It helps alot if you want to play and upload something without any bad pings or packetloss. Its help you to get better pings and pastthrough. :)

OK I have a 100Mbit Internet-Connection but it optimize here too as it should :)

Its easily to configure and very resource friendly. :)

Process Lasso... I used it lasttime with SystemMachnic it isnt such bad but I really think it dont help so much. Some applications can work faster but most of them irgnore ProcessLasso optimizations.
Thanks a lot, for the input, @Kaffee4Eck! I really appreciate it! :p

I was most interested in cFosSpeed, and it seems it is something really worthwhile, from what I've read, including your feedback! :D
As for Process Lasso, I have been thinking about trying it, but I'm not sure if I'll hold on to it in the end.

Again, thank you @Hangtooth for the suggestions, and thank you @Kaffee4Eck for the valuable extra input! :p

Kaffee4Eck

Level 1
Verified
Dec 6, 2015
Thanks a lot, for the input, @Kaffee4Eck! I really appreciate it! :p

I was most interested in cFosSpeed, and it seems it is something really worthwhile, from what I've read, including your feedback! :D
As for Process Lasso, I have been thinking about trying it, but I'm not sure if I'll hold on to it in the end.

Again, thank you @Hangtooth for the suggestions, and thank you @Kaffee4Eck for the valuable extra input! :p

I hope you already enjoy cFossSpeed it is a nice software which can handle really nice your packets. Ok to be clear it cant do some magic stuff! :)

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
NP but I really urge you to try Process Lasso. I notice more 'magic' from that app than from 2 machines running cfosspeed in cooperative mode, which is really nice =)

Process lasso just works, I picture it as the surly bus driver on a school bus, turning around every once in awhile to yell at the short bus kids getting unruly behind his back.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I'm on my way to completely remove Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium (I'll keep MbAM only as an on demand scanner, and I'll simply use the license on a family member's PC) and possibly the Antivirus component in CIS, thus using only COMODO Firewall for protection (custom configuration, of course).

Last edited:

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
[UPDATE] Tuesday, 5th January, 2015

ADDED: N/A
REMOVED: Ghostery add-on from Cyberfox and Mozilla Firefox (unnecessary and unreliable due to being owned by advertisement company)
CHANGED/UPDATED: Cyberfox is now locally installed and is my main browser | My PC now runs the portable version of Mozilla Firefox | COMODO Antivirus component has been removed from COMODO Internet Security, so now only COMODO Firewall runs on my main machine (see "COMMENTS" section below for more information)

COMMENTS: After a lot of testing, it simply turned out COMODO Firewall by itself (Network Firewall + HIPS + Sandbox) could provide more than enough security for me, so I removed the Antivirus component from COMODO Internet Security and only left COMODO Firewall installed (using this custom configuration, without the "Antivirus" part of course :p).
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium also became unnecessary as a real-time scanner, so I removed the license (I could have simply disabled real-time protection modules, but I actually wanted to use the license on a different PC) and now Malwarebytes Anti-Malware serves only as a very reliable on-demand scanner.
I don't trust Ghostery anymore (I know this is mostly me being paranoid, but you never know...) since it is owned by an advertisement company, and aside from that I block all trackers using uBlock Origin's filter lists.
Also I locally installed Cyberfox Intel x64 version since it is going to be my primary browser from now on. I still keep a portable build of Mozilla Firefox as a backup browser, just in case.

I'm considering setting UAC back to default level of protection. I will run some tests here and there and see if it's worth the trouble of having it on. :p

Last edited:

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Very strong & secure config...:)
Everyone of my friends and acquaintances call me paranoid about security, now i will recommend they should see your config.:p:D

I learned a lot, thanks for sharing.;)
Thanks for your kind remarks, @shukla44! I really appreciate them!
I sure try to do my best in structuring, and contributing to, my security config in a way that people can benefit from it and it's not just here for a simple presentation. :p

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
Thanks for your kind remarks, @shukla44! I really appreciate them!
I sure try to do my best in structuring, and contributing to, my security config in a way that people can benefit from it and it's not just here for a simple presentation. :p

Yes, I agree.

But I really want to show them, that i am not the only one, more and more people care about security. Nowadays you can't afford to follow a carefree approach towards security. It is a serious matter, Security.:)

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Why don't you install CIS instead of just CF?
I feel the Antivirus component is unnecessary for me. :p
Reall-time Antivirus solutions that utilize local signature databases are history in my machines. :D

Even before, COMODO Antivirus was a simple luxury; It did not add any substantial protection to my setup.

Last edited:

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
You should turn WD and SmartScreen on :)
Regarding Windows Defender: I like to restrain from using software that utilizes signature databases for detecting malicious software. :p Also, the presence of COMODO Firewall does not allow for running Windows Defender, as explained by @Online_Sword.

Regarding Windows SmartScreen: While I like this technology as a security feature in Windows 10, I feel that it is largely redundant. After all, I run absolutely no executables other than the ones I have already verified as clean, so SmartScreen would provide me with little amount of security in that sense.

Behavioral blocking, HIPS, network firewall, are all managed by COMODO Firewall, and are sufficient to provide me with near-maximum security.
CFW has effectively replaced (not in functionality, rather in usability) Windows features such as Windows Firewall, User Account Control, and Windows SmartScreen.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.