Battle EagleGet Vs. IDM (Internet Download Manager)

Rus Anca

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
EagleGet Vs. IDM (Internet Download Manager)

EagleGet is a decent file manager that is sure to gain a lot of satisfied users because of its efficiency and ease of use.

EagleGet is the only freeware out there packed with all the features an ideal universal download accelerator should have.

EagleGet is a fairly solid downloader and definitely is worth keeping if you want a simple and reliable downloader for Windows.

EagleGet has much simpler and direct UI, stable and fast downloading.

In my opinion EagleGet Download Manager it is one of the best IDM alternative.

Last edited by a moderator:

kenifranz

May 28, 2015
Idm uses packet connections for speed and rebuilding packets to save a file(fast) but the biggest problem with idm is that, it needs a very big memory(RAM) to save heavy files or otherwise your computer will freeze. Eagleget on the other hand creates a file the same size as the downloaded file before it downloads it thereby ensuring enough memory. If you have a file bigger than 5GB, never use IDM unless your computer has more than 6GB of RAM.

Reactions: Sven

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@ThatGuyDat: Well EagleGet can manage too for audios and videos as possible but sometimes its accuracy may miss to notify on browser monitoring on few parts which IDM may have an edge for it.

Usually .exe, .iso, picture formats, audios and videos are efficient by both download managers to obtain bits per bits without problems.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
@ThatGuyDat: Well EagleGet can manage too for audios and videos as possible but sometimes its accuracy may miss to notify on browser monitoring on few parts which IDM may have an edge for it.

EagleGet still has the edge here, because if the browser extension fails to find video there is Video Sniffer and Media Grabber that can grab these videos. Unlike IDM which only uses browser floating bar which EagleGet already does to download videos (recently changed to extension instead of floating bar), EagleGet also has url parsing technique (media grabber) and url sniffing technique (Video sniffer) as separate components, which gives it an edge over IDM for media downloading. :)

Reactions: jamescv7

long

Jun 26, 2015
Just tried both,
IDM:
lag when doing anything else, can't browse can't anything
after download, have to stitch/join files, this takes time
does not crash
password site automatically entered

eagleget:
faster, no stitching after download
crashed
password manual enter, although you can save with wildcard *
there is no way to disable eagleget other than to disable the extension in the browser, by that i mean If i wantto download without eagleget, I can't. If I close the program but not disable the extension, nothing happens in Chrome, file doesn't download

so eagleget is much faster, does not lag but less stable than IDM

Last edited:

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
Last week, I seriously came close to jumping over to EagleGet; for the life of me, I couldn't get IDM to work with Cyberfox x64. I ended up ditching Cyberfox x64 because what I was trying to achieve with it ran out of steam, so back to ordinary Firefox x86.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Last week, I seriously came close to jumping over to EagleGet; for the life of me, I couldn't get IDM to work with Cyberfox x64. I ended up ditching Cyberfox x64 because what I was trying to achieve with it ran out of steam, so back to ordinary Firefox x86.
Works fine here in Cyberfox X64 Intel with the latest version.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
EagleGet may not Be all that sweet:(Chrome Extensions Are Bypassing Ghostery and Other Tracking Blockers)
Trackers:
Here are the extensions the post lists that users should watch out for:

• HoverZoom
  • SpeakIt
  • Free Smileys & Emoticons
  • EagleGet Free Downloader
  • ProxFlow
  • Emoji Input
  • Instant Translate
  • FB Color Changer
  • Flash Player+
  • SuperBlock Adblocker
  • SafeBrowse
  • JavaScript Errors Notifier

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.