EAM Likes and Dislikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Since there was a huge give away on Emsisoft Anti Malware lets here back with some feedback with some likes and dislikes:)

True Deep Scan

Dislikes: Blocking of websites when they are legit
Security Center bug

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
The deep scan is really good. And I like the configurable updates... all programs should have the option to configure when updates are made.

I find the UI to be a bit confusing. I had some false positives.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
I find the program too loud sometimes. Eg loading up a game and it tells me its malware? Even had false positives saying that online armour was malware

D

Deleted member 178

I like: all, maybe the updates are a bit slow for me.
i dont like: the way they annoy Darkelixa mouhahahaha :D

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
-Fast installation with a very good setup wizard at the end.
-Usable instantly, nothing needs to be configured but can be if required.
-Light on the system
-Settings can be easily and completely configurable - eg :When creating rules for various applications, you can specify the type of activity it should be monitored for, as well as the behavior of the program when detecting such an activity.

Dislikes:

-Other users have reported some false-positives.
-Isn't a complete suite. I would like to see one day a integration with Online Firewall and basically have a Internet Security suite.

D

Deleted member 178

Jack said:
-Isn't a complete suite. I would like to see one day a integration with Online Firewall and basically have a Internet Security suite.

the complete suite is OA++ (without the BB, coz they said it overlap a bit with OA hips)

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
- False positives get fixed fairly quickly after submitting
- Customizable Behavior Blocker
- Customizable settings for the File Guard and Surf Protection
- Noticeably improved performance of late - quicker start, less impact on resources
- Compatible with other security software
- Strong corporate ethics

Dislikes:
- Downloading the full definitions, if you've missed a lot of "scheduled" updates
- Scan speed not great for me, but expecting drastic improvements in v6
- False positives are the price to pay for some, a trade-off for the excellent protection, although I haven't experienced FPs in a long time [and I've never had critical files flagged]
- Email based licensing, will be happy to see it gone in v6 :)

Other:
- Questions over x64 protection - run a "Smart Scan" on 64-bit and note that it only scans "Program Files(x86)"? Also, not scanning the native 64-bit drivers?

gbpackerfan

Jun 14, 2011
- Great Surf Protection
- Somewhat light on resources (No slowdown)

Dislikes:
- Unprofessional UI and font
- Like what Jack said, I would want it to be a full security suite

D

Deleted member 178

what is wrong with you guys ! seems you never heard of OA++ :D

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
I really like their Mamutu behavior blocker, Although it can be quite chatty at first and unlike others here I actually like the UI, I find it easy to use and the graphics are nice. Also ram usage is very low on my machine and I haven't notice any considerable slowdown. One thing that annoys me is their website blocker which seems to block all many of websites under the sun, including many perfectly safe ones.

D

Deleted member 178

MetalShaun said:
One thing that annoys me is their website blocker which seems to block all many of websites under the sun, including many perfectly safe ones.

Not a big deal, just click the allow rule when the pop-up appears. i think they block it by default if unknown, unless many many users flag the website at safe.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
I would also like to add that it is annoying that a pop up will show up but because of the community based alert option it will then just disappear straight away. It would be better if it just allowed the program with no popup. or showed a small ballontip saying N.exe has been allowed by the community based alert settings, or something similar.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I didn't use EAM but I tried the Emergency kit before.

Great combination of Ikarus and Emsisoft
Many types of scan you can select

Dislike
Updates are huge so it will take time to download it.
False positives that need to break down.

D

Deleted member 178

i admit the FP are quite high, it detect WRSA as a virus ^^

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
i admit the FP are quite high, it detect WRSA as a virus ^^

He-he, a bit OT, I know, but today PrevX SafeOnline detected the HMP .129 update as a High Risk Malware ;). Yesterday something shrieked about WRSA too, wasn't EAM, but I laughed a lot at the time, so imagine if it were PSOL... detecting WRSA :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Didn't want to create a new topic about this, but I like their extremely small malware scanner. MalAware can be downloaded here. It's just over 1MB and can clean up to 5 objects (limitation).

Example:

[attachment=895]

Attachments

• EMA-Clean5.png
    EMA-Clean5.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 690

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Earth said:
Didn't want to create a new topic about this, but I like their extremely small malware scanner. MalAware can be downloaded here. It's just over 1MB and can clean up to 5 objects (limitation).

Example:
It seems like this will scan the active processes, very interesting tool.... can be compared with MBAM Flash Scan...... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.