Edward Snowden's Haven App BETA released (Guardian Project)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Source: Edward Snowden's Haven app uses your phone to detect intruders

Android: Haven: Keep Watch (BETA) - Android Apps on Google Play

Haven only saves images and sound when triggered by motion or volume, and stores everything locally on the device. You can position the device’s camera to capture visible motion, or set your phone somewhere discreet to just listen for noises. Get secure notifications of intrusion events instantly and access the logs remotely or anytime later.

The follow sensors are monitored for a measurable change, and then recorded to an event log on the device:
  • Accelerometer: phone’s motion and vibration
  • Camera: motion in the phone’s visible surroundings from front or back camera
  • Microphone: noises in the environment
  • Light: change in light from ambient light sensor
  • Power: detect device being unplugged or power loss

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Wow, this app is brilliant, a sort of game changer and absolutely the sort of technology I love. The bad guys create things, the good guys turn those things back around onto the bad guys.

Cell phones are remarkable spy tools used against people. Now those very things they designed them to do are completely turned around into what appears to be a robust protection tool. Any old phone laying around is potentially a robust security and protection system. It doesn't get any better than this!

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Yes I understand that part but the directions say to install F-Droid first, ect.
F-Droid is just like the Google Play Store but privacy ortiented. If you want to get that app store then just go to Google Play Store and download this app first. Then you need to add this repository. You click on the three points above and then repositories (if you wannt to get Haven trough this app). Then you paste this link: "https://guardianproject.github.io/haven-nightly/fdroid/repo/". Then you can search for this app in F-Droid. Please note that F-Droid does make the same as Google Play Store.

Reactions: advantage base
D

Deleted member 178

LOL at this useless app.

If i need infos in your device and i'm near enough to access it, i just stole it; and your phone too !
Then i need 5mn to open the devices, take out the drives/memory cards and leave.

Snowden watches spy movies too much, as if people will JamesBond-ing on your devices using fancy tech and go out as if they were never there....seriously...

Guardian Project founder Nate Freitas calls Haven "the most powerful, secure and private baby monitor system ever," and it's not hard to imagine leaving a spare room in a room with a child to relay every anguished crying jag to parents
That is the only reasonable use of this app...

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
LOL at this useless app.

If i need infos in your device and i'm near enough to access it, i just stole it; and your phone too !
Then i need 5mn to open the devices, take out the drives/memory cards and leave.
I read an article about using a burner phone instead.
For example, placing an Android burner phone on or nearby a device (ie. laptop with sensitive data), during a "break-in" the motion/noise will activate the sensors and the event will be logged. If you have an Android-powered device, you can bug your own home.
See what Sensors are Packed on your Smartphone/Tablet?
I never trust snowden!!!why?cuse if nsa not remove him from operation snowden still spy on user but for revenge he leak the information
Did you forget you run real (dangerous) Malware on your Host PC? Talk about leaking information.

D

Deleted member 178

I read an article about using a burner phone instead.
For example, placing an Android burner phone on or nearby a device (ie. laptop with sensitive data), during a "break-in" the motion/noise will activate the sensors and the event will be logged. If you have an Android-powered device, you can bug your own home.
See what Sensors are Packed on your Smartphone/Tablet?
yes it a way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.