Advanced Plus Security Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.) 2019 config.

Last updated
Nov 18, 2019
Windows Edition
Pro
Log-in security
Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
  • Forticlient
  • Syshardened
  • SecureAPlus
  • Uncheky
  • Adguard desktop
  • CloudfareDNS
  • Sandboxie free (sometimes)
  • Andy Ful Run by SmartScreen
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Zemana free
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Yandex:
  • HTTPS Everywhere
  • Bitwarden
  • Grammarly

Mozilla Firefox:
  • Grammarly
  • GNOME Shell (Linux)
  • Enhancer for Youtube
  • Translator (SailorMax)
  • HTTPS Everywhere
  • Bitdefender Anti-tracker
  • Bitwarden
  • Firefox Lockwise

Google Chrome (rarely): I use it virtualized.
Maintenance tools
  • Wisecare Pro
  • Reg Organizer
  • XnViewMP
  • FastStone
  • Clover
  • FreeOffice
  • Driver Easy
File and Photo backup
Paragon Backup & Recovery™ 17 Free
System recovery
Paragon Backup & Recovery™ 17 Free
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
Computer specs
  • Medion H61H2
  • Intel i5-2320
  • NVIDIA Geforce GT620
  • 2 HD Western Digital 1 TB
  • External HD 1 GB for Backups

Step 1

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 17, 2018
This is my config

There are very few utilities, as I rarely use Windows.

On Linux, I'm a Linux Mint 19 user with Cinnamon desktop. I block the incoming connections in the firewall and use FireJail when the occasion requires it.

Nothing complicated, I'm an old dog and increasingly lazy to investigate.

Thank you for your advice/comments :)

Step 1

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 17, 2018
A little overkill. I dont think you need both OSArmor and SysHardener along with Trendmicro
Mui bien config, MI carnalito! I think that trend and sys hardener sufficiënt. Gracias for sharing vato loco! ( nice to see you around Mt again :):cool:
Well, I think you're right "only" 99.9%. o_O When I have downloaded certain programs from the internet with a java-based download manager (e.g. Xtreme downloader) OSA is a more paranoid way to be sure, as it is annoyingly incisive examining the downloads.
Thanks @Mr.Wave nice to be in home again :)

Step 1

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 17, 2018
Lately the internet pages took a long time to open, I have tried different browsers, uninstalling Adguard Desktop and in the end I had to change my real-time defense. So:

Removed:
  • Trend Micro MaxiumSecurity
  • Sandboxie
  • OSArmor free
Added:
  • Comodo Cloud Antivirus
  • SecureAplus
Continued:
  • Adguard Desktop
  • SysHardened
I know that uninstalling OSArmor is not necessary, but I am a romantic and I have always loved SecureAPlus, having everyone at once is unnecessary.
Another good thing about SecureAPlus is that I don't need on-demand scanners. My active engines are all except Clam, Total defense and QuickHeal.

Thank you for reading it, any comment is welcome. Have a nice day

Last edited by a moderator:

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Lately the internet pages took a long time to open, I have tried different browsers, uninstalling Adguard Desktop and in the end I had to change my real-time defense. So:

Removed:
  • Trend Micro MaxiumSecurity
  • Sandboxie
  • OSArmor free
Added:
  • Comodo Cloud Antivirus
  • SecureAplus
Continued:
  • Adguard Desktop
  • SysHardened
I know that uninstalling OSArmor is not necessary, but I am a romantic and I have always loved SecureAPlus, having everyone at once is unnecessary.
Another good thing about SecureAPlus is that I don't need on-demand scanners. My active engines are all except Clam, Total defense and QuickHeal.

Thank you for reading it, any comment is welcome. Have a nice day

I keep wonder when your Spanish romantic tactics will lead you to your highschool sweetheart zonealarm again.... I know you have had a big crush on her too in the past  :eek::p:love::love: nice changes bro, but weird that trend may be the culperate on your browsing hangups....it is supposed to be an ultralight cloud based av.

Step 1

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 17, 2018
I keep wonder when your Spanish romantic tactics will lead you to your highschool sweetheart zonealarm again.... I know you have had a big crush on her too in the past  :eek::p:love::love: nice changes bro, but weird that trend may be the culperate on your browsing hangups....it is supposed to be an ultralight cloud based av.
hahaha! You know me too well. In fact, I have thought about the possibility of having a combo between ZoneAlarm Firewall + Comodo Cloud, but in Windows 10 I don't think it's necessary, but boy, ZoneAlarm was the prettiest girl in high school :love::love: and I don't think I've behaved well with her. She doesn't deserve my forgetfulness.
On the other hand, I am the first surprised, Trend Micro has behaved like a champion on my computer until a few days ago, I intend to reinstall it a couple of times a month until that delay has been corrected.

A hug my dear friend

Step 1

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 17, 2018
Hi friends :)

Added:

• ZoneAlarm Free Firewall
Do I really need it? The answer is simple: No... but I love it.

I'm trying Uranium free Backup, it doesn't look bad, I guess I'll "play" with it a few days before deciding if I add it to my "resident defensive team".

Thanks for reading and for your pieces of advice. Have a nice day :)

Step 1

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 17, 2018
regreso-al-futuro.jpg

Removed:
  • Comodo Cloud Antivirus
  • ZoneAlarm Free Firewall
  • Aomei Backupper PRO
Added:
  • Sandboxie
  • ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus
  • Paragon Backup & Recovery™ 17 Free
Continued:
  • Adguard Desktop
  • SysHardened

Back to the Future.

I'm going back to my old and dear configuration. Now the ZoneAlarm suite runs smoothly on my computer, there are no delays or lags at any time.

A curious thing is that if you install the free firewall, it will silently install an anti-ransomware component and then you can install the antivirus module, so you would have all services covered, :cool: but if you install the free suite does not appear in the anti-ransomware component anywhere :confused: and no, ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus cannot do anything against ransomware. :rolleyes: that's why I recommend installing it by modules or using it whit OSArmor or SecureAPlus because they are excellent travel companions.

Changing the Backup software has been due to ... the truth is that I don't know, I just wanted to test how it works. It has only made a couple of copies, but it is fast, flexible ... is a very good option ... or so I think

P.S. By the way, am I the only one who likes the ZoneAlarm GUI?

P.S. 2 If I continue with this retro philosophy, I will have to locate my old 5 1/4" floppy disk drive. :D

Last edited:

Step 1

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 17, 2018
Hi :)
Because with ZoneAlarm it is very difficult to listen to the radio online (I mean programs already broadcast, live yes works well), I had to uninstall it.

Giving VoodooShield a new chance.

The first thing I want to say is that internet pages open very fast, in fact, almost as fast as Linux.

I don't know if Comodo Cloud + VoodooShield can be a little redundant, what do you think?

Removed:
  • ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus
  • Sandboxie
  • SecureAPlus
Added:
  • VoodooShield
  • Comodo Cloud Antivirus

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Maybe a little redundant but Comodo has weak web filter, and I would still use VS. I don't ever see myself not using VS in any setup. :D I think you should run this for a while and see what you think. Maybe add a browser extension like Emsi, Malwarebytes or WDBP.

Stay safe, not paranoid.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I would feel safer with Kaspersky security cloud free, or Kaspersky free av and pair it up with comodo firewall with cs settings, a true winning combo. Comodo cloud does have a real nice gui though! :) ;) I am not a fan of VS, but everyone has their own favorites I guess... Good luck with your new config mi hombre :)

Step 1

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 17, 2018
Hi vriend. You know I'm lazier than a bear in winter, so I decided to use the wizard for the upgrade.
I must say that 0 problems, 0 incidences, everything works really well, and as I like Comodo Cloud, I still have a reliable Sandbox.

Step 1

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 17, 2018
Changes:

Removed:
  • VoodooShield
  • Comodo Cloud Antivirus
Added:
  • Bitdefender Antivirus + (Recently won here, in MT, through a giveaway. Thanks again :love:)
  • OSArmor free
  • Sandboxie

Bitdefender Antivirus + really runs smoothly on my system. It is true that it consumes quite a lot of RAM

Taskmgr_EKwbyBqhi9.png

But I have 8 Gbs, so it's not an issue for me to worry about. What's important is that it opens the pages of the Internet very quickly, as well as my applications, games, and so on.
I'm using it for only two days, the GUI is very practical, everything is where it should be and something very important for non-English speakers is that it is very well translated

Thanks for reading, any advice or comment is welcome

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Changes:

Removed:
  • VoodooShield
  • Comodo Cloud Antivirus
Added:
  • Bitdefender Antivirus + (Recently won here, in MT, through a giveaway. Thanks again :love:)
  • OSArmor free
  • Sandboxie

Bitdefender Antivirus + really runs smoothly on my system. It is true that it consumes quite a lot of RAM

View attachment 215126

But I have 8 Gbs, so it's not an issue for me to worry about. What's important is that it opens the pages of the Internet very quickly, as well as my applications, games, and so on.
I'm using it for only two days, the GUI is very practical, everything is where it should be and something very important for non-English speakers is that it is very well translated

Thanks for reading, any advice or comment is welcome

Congratz for winning a license vato!
Disfrútalo y diviértete! Que tengas un buen fin de semana!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.