- Apr 13, 2014
Release Notes for VIPRE Home Beta 2 - July 1, 2021Product release information for VIPRE Advanced Security | VIPRE Antivirus Plus version 11.0.6 Beta 2 on July 1, 2021.
What's NewWelcome and thank you for participating in the beta program. As a beta-tester, you're helping us make sure the latest versions work as intended.
- Download VIPRE Advanced Security version 11.0.6 Beta 2
- Beta Registration Key: 4225H-V38J3-PK65U-JYREB-UTXXW
- Download VIPRE Antivirus Plus version 11.0.6 Beta 2
- Beta Registration Key: 413EZ-6LJ7G-X4ZR9-XA6GH-BXSBM
This latest beta release of VIPRE includes a substantial upgrade of our Active Protection allowing for increased protection and performance. We've also enhanced product hardening in order to improve service protection, adding registry keys, and file protection.
Gaming ModeFinally, we've added an exciting new feature called Gaming Mode that prevents VIPRE from running any resource-intensive background activity, such as file scans, patch scans, or update operations. That way, video games. or any other resource-heavy application, you may be using can use as many resources as necessary to provide an optimal experience.
Refer to Related Articles for full details including how to enable and configure Gaming Mode.
|Product or Component||Minimum Requirement|
Fixed in this Release
- VIPREHOME-2217 - Manually applying updates doesn't populate the Definition Updates under Update History
- VIPREHOME-7618 - Logging info screen contains incorrect log location information
- VIPREHOME-7910 - VIPRE User Interface (UI) - Clicking the Support Center link will crash the UI if no default browser is set
- VIPREHOME-9350 - VIPREUI.exe has high CPU usage during a scan
- VIPREHOME-9672 - InstallVIPRE error, failed to launch help when pressing F1
- VIPREHOME-9985 - Service not installed after 126.96.36.199 update
- VIPREHOME-10900 - "Allowed websites" lists are cleaned up when Active Protection + Web filtering is OFF and restored twice
- VIPREHOME-11011 - Custom Manual scan requires scanning inside archived enabled as the default
- VIPREHOME-11064 - Fixed InstallVIPRE End User License Agreement dialog text
- VIPREHOME-11065 - We need to fix the "Print the license agreement" link
- VIPREHOME-11496 - Scan and Definition update are executed at the same time
- VIPREHOME-11730 - VIPRE Setup stuck on 'performing first scan' status
- VIPREHOME-11836 - When Automatic Updates is off, VIPRE Advanced Security still checks for definitions after startup
- VIPREHOME-11887 - Restore Antivirus Defaults is not re-enabling Active Protection when some of sub-settings customized
- VIPREHOME-11890 - WebFilter is reporting errors in VIPRE Advanced Security logs
- VIPREHOME-11893 - Microsoft Edge as a default known app in our FW rules
- VIPREHOME-11939 - Using CTRL+V to apply license will cause UI to crash
- VIPREHOME-12121 - Symlink delete vulnerability
- VIPREHOME-12194 - No limit to how many times the installer will ask for a reboot when installation fails
- VIPREHOME-12205 - Windows Security Center in Windows 10 is showing two entries for VIPRE Advanced Security after software update
- VIPREHOME-12212 - Software upgrade has error code 1603 but the upgrade is still successful
- VIPREHOME-12216 - App was crashing when using an expired product key
- VIPREHOME-12229 - Installer gets stuck during install or update
- VIPREHOME-12282 - Firewall rule of Microsoft Edge has different path from current path of msedge.exe
- VIPREHOME-12283 - App crashing with access violation code c0000005
- VIPREHOME-12261 - 10 character limit and period not recognized
- VIPREHOME-12368 - VIPRE crashes when an action is performed on quarantined files with long pathname
- VIPREHOME-12354 - Shutdown dialog is triggered when cancelling an ongoing scheduled scan that shuts down the computer
- VIPREHOME-12346 - VIPRE Antivirus state not detected by Windows Security Center due to force disabling of ViprePPLSvc in Windows registry
- VIPREHOME-12341 - On/Off switch may get stuck in the wrong position or color, showing as Green/On when it's actually turned off
- VIPREHOME-12045 - Out of date threat links
Providing FeedbackWhile using VIPRE v11.0.6 Beta 2 , do you notice any errors, or is everything running smoothly? Your feedback as a beta tester is invaluable to the development process. Whether you love it or hate it, we want to hear from you.
You can contact us on our Beta Program Forums or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the following information in your email:
- Subject Line: VIPRE Advanced Security or VIPRE Antivirus Plus v11.0.6 Beta 2
Release Notes for VIPRE Home Beta 2 - July 1, 2021 Product release information for VIPRE Advanced Security | VIPRE Antivirus Plus version 11.0.6 Beta 2 on July 1, 2021. What's New Welcome and thank you for participating in the beta program. As a beta-tester, you're helping us make sure...vipre.freshdesk.com