BigWrench

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014

Release Notes for VIPRE Home Beta 2 - July 1, 2021​

Product release information for VIPRE Advanced Security | VIPRE Antivirus Plus version 11.0.6 Beta 2 on July 1, 2021.

What's New​

Welcome and thank you for participating in the beta program. As a beta-tester, you're helping us make sure the latest versions work as intended.

Advanced Security

Antivirus Plus

This latest beta release of VIPRE includes a substantial upgrade of our Active Protection allowing for increased protection and performance. We've also enhanced product hardening in order to improve service protection, adding registry keys, and file protection.

Gaming Mode​

Finally, we've added an exciting new feature called Gaming Mode that prevents VIPRE from running any resource-intensive background activity, such as file scans, patch scans, or update operations. That way, video games. or any other resource-heavy application, you may be using can use as many resources as necessary to provide an optimal experience.
Refer to Related Articles for full details including how to enable and configure Gaming Mode.

System Requirements​

Product or ComponentMinimum Requirement
Operating System
  • Windows 10* (All Versions)
  • Windows 8.1*
  • Windows 7* (Convenience Rollup)
*32-bit or 64-bit versions
Hardware
  • 2GB of hard drive space
  • 1GB RAM
  • Dual-core processor
  • Internet connection (Broadband recommended)
Email Clients
  • Microsoft Outlook 2019
  • Microsoft Outlook 2016
  • Microsoft Outlook 2013 Service Pack 1
  • Microsoft Outlook 2010 Service Pack 2
  • Microsoft Outlook 2007 Service Pack 3

Fixed in this Release​

• VIPREHOME-2217 - Manually applying updates doesn't populate the Definition Updates under Update History
  • VIPREHOME-7618 - Logging info screen contains incorrect log location information
  • VIPREHOME-7910 - VIPRE User Interface (UI) - Clicking the Support Center link will crash the UI if no default browser is set
  • VIPREHOME-9350 - VIPREUI.exe has high CPU usage during a scan
  • VIPREHOME-9672 - InstallVIPRE error, failed to launch help when pressing F1
  • VIPREHOME-9985 - Service not installed after 11.0.4.2 update
  • VIPREHOME-10900 - "Allowed websites" lists are cleaned up when Active Protection + Web filtering is OFF and restored twice
  • VIPREHOME-11011 - Custom Manual scan requires scanning inside archived enabled as the default
  • VIPREHOME-11064 - Fixed InstallVIPRE End User License Agreement dialog text
  • VIPREHOME-11065 - We need to fix the "Print the license agreement" link
  • VIPREHOME-11496 - Scan and Definition update are executed at the same time
  • VIPREHOME-11730 - VIPRE Setup stuck on 'performing first scan' status
  • VIPREHOME-11836 - When Automatic Updates is off, VIPRE Advanced Security still checks for definitions after startup
  • VIPREHOME-11887 - Restore Antivirus Defaults is not re-enabling Active Protection when some of sub-settings customized
  • VIPREHOME-11890 - WebFilter is reporting errors in VIPRE Advanced Security logs
  • VIPREHOME-11893 - Microsoft Edge as a default known app in our FW rules
  • VIPREHOME-11939 - Using CTRL+V to apply license will cause UI to crash
  • VIPREHOME-12121 - Symlink delete vulnerability
  • VIPREHOME-12194 - No limit to how many times the installer will ask for a reboot when installation fails
  • VIPREHOME-12205 - Windows Security Center in Windows 10 is showing two entries for VIPRE Advanced Security after software update
  • VIPREHOME-12212 - Software upgrade has error code 1603 but the upgrade is still successful
  • VIPREHOME-12216 - App was crashing when using an expired product key
  • VIPREHOME-12229 - Installer gets stuck during install or update
  • VIPREHOME-12282 - Firewall rule of Microsoft Edge has different path from current path of msedge.exe
  • VIPREHOME-12283 - App crashing with access violation code c0000005
  • VIPREHOME-12261 - 10 character limit and period not recognized
  • VIPREHOME-12368 - VIPRE crashes when an action is performed on quarantined files with long pathname
  • VIPREHOME-12354 - Shutdown dialog is triggered when cancelling an ongoing scheduled scan that shuts down the computer
  • VIPREHOME-12346 - VIPRE Antivirus state not detected by Windows Security Center due to force disabling of ViprePPLSvc in Windows registry
  • VIPREHOME-12341 - On/Off switch may get stuck in the wrong position or color, showing as Green/On when it's actually turned off
  • VIPREHOME-12045 - Out of date threat links

Providing Feedback​

While using VIPRE v11.0.6 Beta 2 , do you notice any errors, or is everything running smoothly? Your feedback as a beta tester is invaluable to the development process. Whether you love it or hate it, we want to hear from you.
You can contact us on our Beta Program Forums or via email at beta@vipre.com. Be sure to include the following information in your email:
  • Subject Line: VIPRE Advanced Security or VIPRE Antivirus Plus v11.0.6 Beta 2
  • Feedback......

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
For anyone interested, I just discovered Advanced Security v11.0.6.22 as the current download available on Vipre's website.

I guess they moved it out of Beta to Stable?

That said, being that I have a valid license, I installed it, and will see how it goes. I am waiting to see what @SecureKongo has determined in his testing.

I also looked into the Program File, and it looks like they are using some components of BitDefender but not being a guru, I will leave it to others to determine the exact nature or function of them:

Attachments

• Image 1.png
    Image 1.png
    3 KB · Views: 217
  • Image 2.png
    Image 2.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
For anyone interested, I just discovered Advanced Security v11.0.6.22 as the current download available on Vipre's website.

I guess they moved it out of Beta to Stable?

That said, being that I have a valid license, I installed it, and will see how it goes. I am waiting to see what @SecureKongo has determined in his testing.

I also looked into the Program File, and it looks like they are using some components of BitDefender but not being a guru, I will leave it to others to determine the exact nature or function of them:
I am quite inactive in terms of testing at the moment and I am sorry for that. I might actually take Vipre as my main test-AV in the future and keep testing it. :)

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I am quite inactive in terms of testing at the moment and I am sorry for that. I might actually take Vipre as my main test-AV in the future and keep testing it.

Appreciate the honesty. Maybe someone else here at MT will be able but I am sure there will be reviews out shortly by other test sites. What is somewhat reassuring is that they are using some components of BitDefender which always gets good reviews. Although I understand it is how they utilize it compared to original BD.

From a maneuverability point of view, being that it contains an AV, Firewall, and HIPS compared to WD and FW separately, at least everything can be managed from one GUI instead of being spread out amongst different menus.

If I don't like it, there is always the Uninstall Button.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Appreciate the honesty. Maybe someone else here at MT will be able but I am sure there will be reviews out shortly by other test sites. What is somewhat reassuring is that they are using some components of BitDefender which always gets good reviews. Although I understand it is how they utilize it compared to original BD.

From a maneuverability point of view, being that it contains an AV, Firewall, and HIPS compared to WD and FW separately, at least everything can be managed from one GUI instead of being spread out amongst different menus.

If I don't like it, there is always the Uninstall Button.
Only problem is that most of the modules are not active by default. Strange choice of active modules in my opinion. :unsure:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.