elliotcroft's power config

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Stupid question:
Sky Router, that's mean you use Sky Broadband?

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
bogdan said:
Sorry to hear that. BTW, did you solved the Comodo issue?
I never got around to running what you suggested.
stormgtr said:
Stupid question:
Sky Router, that's mean you use Sky Broadband?
Yes. Not fibre optic where I am, though. It's all old fashioned and it stops working every few seconds. I get a better 3G service with Orange on my Android.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I liked that setup your now in Kubuntu. Sorry to hear that your Windows Partition was corrupt.

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
UPDATE: I'm now using Norton DNS and now my download speed has gone up to 200 KB/s average from my old 50 KB/s maximum speed, whether this is a coincidence or not is unknown to me, as I had been feeling faster speeds earlier today, but I hadn't downloaded anything that gave me a speed reading.
I am not going back so I guess I'll never know.
Hail Symantec! :D
Speed test result:
1326462781.png

D

Deleted member 178

Norton has more servers around the world than Clearcloud or comodo.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
elliotcroft said:
UPDATE: I'm now using Norton DNS and now my download speed has gone up to 200 KB/s average from my old 50 KB/s maximum speed, whether this is a coincidence or not is unknown to me, as I had been feeling faster speeds earlier today, but I hadn't downloaded anything that gave me a speed reading.
I am not going back so I guess I'll never know.
Hail Symantec! :D

It's just coincidence. DNS has absolutely no effect on throughput.

All DNS does is resolve unique URL's that aren't in your local cache. Depending on how many unique URL's you encounter while browsing, browsing could be slightly quicker. (We're probably talking milliseconds here...) Once the lookup has been done, DNS plays no further part.

In other words, it works like this:
Your PC- What is the IP address of whatever.com?
DNS Service- xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Your PC- -connects to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and commences download-

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
I have added OpenSUSE to my setup.
I seem to have lost Kubuntu for the time being, as I cannot find the boot parameters that must be added to SUSE's GRUB to allow it to boot.
Does anyone know what the boot parameters are?

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
I've been trying to get dansguardian working with clamd, but when I try to start up dansguardian, it displays the following message:
Code:
Unable to getgrnam(): Success
I've been looking this up on Google, but the solutions provided were not helpful.
Does anybody here know how to get this working?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.