Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Giving Elon Musk a follow on Twitter? You might be shortlisted by scammers looking to defraud Elon's newest followers.

New Musk followers are being added to a "Deal of the Year" list on Twitter that lures them into depositing small crypto amounts into the attackers' wallet with the false promise of receiving up to 5000 Bitcoin in return.

Twitter accounts following Elon Musk, Tesla, SpaceX and related accounts are being targeted in a crypto giveaway scam dubbed 'Freedom Giveaway,' BleepingComputer has discovered.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
It's not only new followers who been added to this list.
I am following him since quite some time and I have been added to one of those list few days ago.
This type of scam is popping up every now and then and it's nothing new tbh.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

Stargazer_Steve

Level 1
Dec 2, 2022
It's quite smart to target Elon Musk's followers, I'd say a fair majority are people who lack a lot of common sense and follow him in the hope of getting rich through handouts/giveaways etc. Those with that 'sheep' mentality, who are more susceptible to a lot of scams and phishing. (Obviously not everyone who follows him 😋)

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

And I just read the Democrats are looking for ways to get him buy going after him for his inhumane animal research for Neurolink. This is said to be because he is publishing Bidens twitter stuff that was blocked by Twitter executives.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.