Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Avast Free Antivirus 2016 + Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium
    Browsers and Extensions
    Firefox: Ublock origin, Ghostery, Blur, Greasemonkey, Privacy Badger, WOT, DownThemAll!, Browser Backgrounds, FlagFox, Forecastfox (fix version)
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    Ublock Origin
    Password Managers
  • None
  • System Utilities
    Ccleaner, PrivaZer, Glary Utilities Pro 5, Auslogics Disk Defrag Professional
    Frequency of Data backups
    None
    Frequency of System backups
    None
    D

Deleted member 178

WinXP firewall is very bad, i suggest you to use a 3rd party one or use a security suite integrating a firewall.

Elpibe

Level 3
    I dont use backup cause i dont have much space in disk (150gb total space, 8gb free space). And i think that Windows firewall its ok, at least from my knowledge. Ill maybe try 3rd party firewall, but ill have to do a research, and the most important to read their privacy politics, cause a lot of security programs colect/sell too much information.

jamescv7

Level 61
    Verified
    Trusted
    For starter you may try ZoneAlarm Firewall Free version which the complexity is design to be simplified, now for the backup you may use Cloud Storage and store those important files.

Add a backup browser.

But if as possible, upgrade to the higher version of Windows for security besides on performance.

Reactions: Online_Sword
    L

LabZero

Backup and recovery plan is very important.
    If you do not have space on your Hard Disk, possibly you can use an external HDD.
    Good use MBAE (Anti-exploit) to mitigate possible attacks to unresolved Windows XP vulnerabilities.
    Consider an OS upgrade as possible.

Reactions: frogboy

Elpibe

Level 3
    Yes i know that, but i need to get a better PC to upgrade to 7. 2Gb Ram 1.80ghz processor and only 8gb of free space.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

An XP user, that is not common :)

User Access Control, am I correct in saying XP doesn't have UAC?
    You could make Windows Update Automatic, although they don't release updates it will do the ones already released.

pablozi

Level 23
    Verified
    Trusted
    I think that is a way beter to switch to some GNU/Linux distro than using an unsupported OS since there are plenty of lightweight distributions. Just take your time and look at DistroWatch.

Elpibe

Level 3
    I have a new PC now with Windows 7. When i move all my files and programs from my old pc ill update my config. I have to add a couple of programs that i couldnt install in XP. In the new PC i only have the antivirus, windows firewall and UAC at max.

DJ Panda

Level 29
    Verified
    Add Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit it doesn't use that much Hard Drive Space. What is taking up all the room maybe run defraggler if your hd is full and cluttered.