Status
Not open for further replies.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Looks good to me. Any reason you use Ghostery, Adblock Plus and uBlock Origin? I'd personally suggest ditching ABP due to it having a higher memory footprint, being less configurable and having lesser blocking capabilities than uBO out of the box. I'd also suggest switching Ghostery to either Disconnect or Privacy Badger and adding HTTPS Everywhere to your extensions.

DC47561

Level 3
Verified
Feb 3, 2017
I would personally agree with Arequire here but it's a decent security config you have there all the same :)

Winizsol

Level 2
Verified
Jan 19, 2017
Hi, @Emanuel.
Your security config looks good to me, but I would suggest setting UAC to always notify and maybe Malwarebytes as an on-demand scanner.
I hope I helped,
Winizsol

Reactions: Parsh

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Security software-wise, you are all good.

As @JM Security suggested above, you do not require both Adblock Plus and uBlock Origin (they do exactly the same thing, having them both on just consumes resources in your system and probably makes your browsing slower).
uBlock Origin is much simpler, more modern, and faster than Adblock Plus.

Make sure you use Windows Backup to create a system image of a known safe state of your system, so that you can restore it to that exact state in case of a software disaster (malfunction or infection).

That would be all. Other than this, you are good to go. :D

Thanks for sharing your config with us.

Reactions: Parsh

Emanuel.

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 28, 2016
Adblock plus I have it to block some crawlers and to block social buttons. It makes good combination with uBlock.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Adblock plus I have it to block some crawlers and to block social buttons. It makes good combination with uBlock.
You can enable the social blocking list in uBlock Origin expert options. Running both is redundant and heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.