Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
EMET 3.0 is now supported and can be installed over the top of v2.1. - Download from Microsoft

EMET_notifier.exe will be added to start-up items, read more from the User Guide located in the Program Files.
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EMET\EMET User's Guide.pdf
C:\Program Files\EMET\EMET User's Guide.pdf

The User Guide also lists the most popular software, and incompatible settings.

This new version of the tool being released today addresses top feedback themes we have heard from users: EMET needs more enterprise configuration, deployment and reporting options. We have seen growing interest in adoption from enterprise and large scale networks and this new version includes enhancements for that segment. Here are some of the highlights of and new features in EMET 3.0.

• Making configuration easy
  • Enterprise deployment via Group Policy and SCCM
  • Reporting capability via the new EMET Notifier feature

http://blogs.technet.com/b/srd/archive/2012/05/15/introducing-emet-v3.aspx

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
bogdan said:
Thanks for letting us know.

You're welcome, but I was going to credit muddappa, since his config had it listed first. :D

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
Good setup guide: http://www.winhelp.us/index.php/general-security/other-free-security-programs/microsoft-emet.html
"First, we have tested EMET 3.0 on the Windows 8 Consumer Preview and it works great - we encountered no problems at all so we encourage you to use EMET on all versions of Windows. Second, EMET 3.0 can be installed just fine on a system where EMET 2.1 (the previous release) was already installed. An upgrade or a new installation is no different. Your existing rules built for EMET 2.1 will continue to work just fine with EMET 3.0. Third, we would like to point out that EMET is an officially-supported Microsoft tool."

"Enterprise deployment via Group Policy and SCCM"
Makes me happy!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well not sure what would be the impact for crucial windows files to be under of EMET from its functioning. Browsers, Flash Player, IM and etc were capable to add from its protection due to vulnerability.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
malwarekiller said:
thanks! but i removed EMET from my config as it conflicted when avast behav shield is on ask

How did you configure EMET?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.