EMETs config

EMET

Thread author
Apr 23, 2011
I am now back to Comodo Firewall.

I had been testing my old config. in VMware player, and the Win Firewall was the only weak link.
So I'm back with Comodo.
The D+ is almost like having a realtime AV...with it's cloud scanning.
I have the "Execution Control" set to BLOCKED...love it.
Plus, I missed the occasional pop-up.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Hi EMET, just discovered your thread and enjoyed reading it. I see that
you are using a registered copy of Sandboxie, congratulations.
I am sure you know but in case you don't, with the paid version you
can force your "downloads" folder(if you use one), in order to run
your freshly recovered files sandboxed. Doing so, you wont need
to run Windows Explorer sandboxed since all recovered files will open
automatically in a sandbox.

I like your setup.

Bo
EMET said:
I scan everything while it's in Sandboxie, and I usually just sandbox Explorer when I want to navigate thru my computer. That way if I open something it will also open within Sandboxie. The only time I need to un-sandbox something is if I want to delete it.

D

Deleted member 178

EMET said:
I am now back to Comodo Firewall.

I had been testing my old config. in VMware player, and the Win Firewall was the only weak link.
So I'm back with Comodo.
The D+ is almost like having a realtime AV...with it's cloud scanning.
I have the "Execution Control" set to BLOCKED...love it.
Plus, I missed the occasional pop-up.

Comodo FW is really strong, the best one for me and not so complicated to use when you know how to set it. i used it since v3 (Zone Alarm Free was my previous firewall long time ago ^^) and most importantly it is FREE ^^

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.