Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Released: Beta updates – 2017-07-31

Changelog:
---------------
Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 2017.7.0.7838 – with BETA updates enabled:

This update will require an application restart.

• New: Anti-Malware Network lookups during quarantine re-scans, to reduce the number of false positives.
  • New: General warning for possible compatibility issues with other already installed Anti-virus/Anti-Malware programs, during installation.
  • Improved: Forensic logging.
  • Fixed: Application rules: ‘always block’ rules were not applied.
--------------

Source: Beta updates – 2017-07-31

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
New: General warning for possible compatibility issues with other already installed Anti-virus/Anti-Malware programs, during installation.
For those unware, there have been some reports over at the Emsisoft forum of people having issues when installing Emsisoft, only to discover it was simply due to the fact they had other antimalware/antivirus installed as well. So, it seems this is Emsisoft's way of trying to stop users from doing that.

Fixed: Application rules: ‘always block’ rules were not applied.
A few months ago I decided to test the 'always block' option on an application. It didn't worked. After some time I discovered you actually needed to reboot your computer for the rule to apply. At the time I wasn't to concern about it and I ended up forgetting about it until someone reported the issue at the forum.

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Application rules: ‘always block’ rules were not applied

Wow, honestly, that's a creepy oversight. Didn't use it yet, but if I did I'd want to be able to rely on it for sure. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.