Emsisoft 2021.11: Redesigned user interface

Kiss

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 6, 2021
Windows 11 is here (at least for the lucky ones who already got the update), so our developers began to adapt the user interface of our protection software to its new design language. This month’s release represents an intermediate step towards a complete design overhaul. There is more to come over the next months as we continue to aim for making the most user friendly, yet powerful virus- and malware protection software. Stay tuned.

All 2021.11 improvements in a nutshell​

Device protection (desktop)​

• Redesigned user interface (more to come).
  • Several minor tweaks and fixes.

Management console (web app)​

• New device quick-actions in workspaces overview list when using ‘All devices’ view.
  • Several minor tweaks and fixes.

How to obtain the new version​

As always, so long as you have auto-updates enabled in the software, you will receive the latest version automatically during your regularly scheduled updates, which are hourly by default.

Note to Enterprise users: If you have chosen to receive “Delayed” updates in the Update settings for your clients, they will receive the new software version no earlier than 30 days after the regular “Stable” availability. This gives you time to perform internal compatibility tests before a new version gets rolled out to your clients automatically.

source New in 2021.11: Redesigned user interface - Emsisoft | Security Blog

Last edited by a moderator:

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
It is the worst UI I've ever seen. Their old UI was descent, then they came out with the "long scroll" UI. It is a terrible user experience but someone argued that it was good for old people. So that's what they ran with because 80% of their clients are aged 65 and older.
Where did you get this info from?

Reactions: show-Zi and Nevi

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
why do you want to do that?
This is because behavior detection is the main attraction and core of EAM for me. It also includes my true feeling that it would be my financial salvation if the price is even a little lower than the current price.
As far as EAM and CIS are concerned, I don't think AV features that rely on detection by patterns need to be so important.:)

It is the worst UI I've ever seen. Their old UI was descent, then they came out with the "long scroll" UI. It is a terrible user experience but someone argued that it was good for old people. So that's what they ran with because 80% of their clients are aged 65 and older.
The main UI is simple and well organized, but as you delve deeper into the hierarchy, you have to move your perspective up, down, left and right.
When you open the front door of a simple house with a large door and window, you'll find yourself in a maze of corridors. I feel that such an impression of disjointedness is indeed there.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.