- Apr 21, 2016
Device protection (desktop)
- Improved application startup speed.
- Improved user interface responsiveness.
- Improved ransomware protection.
- Improved protection state reporting to Management Console.
- Fixed a potential DLL hijacking vulnerability in the web installer.
- Several minor tweaks and fixes.
I noticed this with F-Secure but for unsigned apps only. It's terrible if it's happening for even signed apps on Emsisoft. Either a bug or their caching mechanism is poor.Whenever Emsisoft makes a signature update, the start of other programs is delayed for a few seconds or they are downright "frozen". I notice this frequently with Firefox. If I start Firefox while an update is running or being processed, it sometimes just starts with a completely white content field. It then only fills up after a few seconds. I observe these reactions on my 3 computers.