Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Our main goal this month was to make all components of the Emsisoft protection software faster and have less impact on your device performance.

The post New in 2023.4: Performance improvements appeared first on Emsisoft | Cybersecurity Blog.

Device protection (desktop)​

• Improved application startup speed.
  • Improved user interface responsiveness.
  • Improved ransomware protection.
  • Improved protection state reporting to Management Console.
  • Fixed a potential DLL hijacking vulnerability in the web installer.
  • Several minor tweaks and fixes.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021

New in 2023.4: Performance improvements​

We’re excited to bring you this month’s update, which is all about performance optimization and speed. Our improvements include faster startup speed, better cloud protection data processing speed, and a more responsive user interface.​

Blog

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
Whenever Emsisoft makes a signature update, the start of other programs is delayed for a few seconds or they are downright "frozen". I notice this frequently with Firefox. If I start Firefox while an update is running or being processed, it sometimes just starts with a completely white content field. It then only fills up after a few seconds. I observe these reactions on my 3 computers.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Whenever Emsisoft makes a signature update, the start of other programs is delayed for a few seconds or they are downright "frozen". I notice this frequently with Firefox. If I start Firefox while an update is running or being processed, it sometimes just starts with a completely white content field. It then only fills up after a few seconds. I observe these reactions on my 3 computers.
I noticed this with F-Secure but for unsigned apps only. It's terrible if it's happening for even signed apps on Emsisoft. Either a bug or their caching mechanism is poor.

partha_roy

Level 3
Well-known
Oct 16, 2022
yes, the memory usage has decreased quite a bit.. Before the changes were implemented, I would usually see it use well more than 250 MB at idle even with the memory usage optimization enabled

But now, it keeps alternating in the range of 100 - 200 at idle

1683276674231.png

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
I've noticed the noticeable lack of fan noise from the three Noctura fans, they now rarely make their presence known - The main way I notice the load on the PC is the fan speed & I look on HW-Info, a good improvement from Emsisoft on 2023.5 :)
:)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.