In-depth Comparison

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
As a first impression, Bullguard feels much lighter than Emsisoft. In terms of pricing, Emsisoft offered me %50 discount (because I am a student) and the price is $9.99 per device which is very expensive if I buy it for the whole family. Bullguard is $15 for 3 devices.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
As a first impression, Bullguard feels much lighter than Emsisoft. In terms of pricing, Emsisoft offered me %50 discount (because I am a student) and the price is $9.99 per device which is very expensive if I buy it for the whole family. Bullguard is $15 for 3 devices.
The pocket is important, I understand you. There are also free solutions that are good as free kaspersky. And even WD also reinforced with configure defender, or H_C

Last edited:

valvaris

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
I would go with Emsisoft AV out of the reason that it is easy to understand and does not sell your user-data (Ethical Business).

Great combination since Emsisoft does not have a Application-Firewall -> Glasswire (Paid), Tinywall (Free), Simplewall (Free) or WFC (Free) <- also easy to understand and some are for free. ^^

As my opinion and two-cents great combo for super easy use -> Emsisoft AV and Glasswire

Glasswire -> Works with Windows-Firewall engine -> Link = GlassWire - Personal Firewall & Network Monitor
Tinywall -> Works with Windows Firewall engine -> Link = TinyWall - A free, lightweight and non-intrusive firewall
SimpleWall -> Works with Windows Firewall engine -> Link = simplewall
Windows Firewall Control (WFC) -> Works with Windows Firewall engine -> Link = Windows Firewall Control

Have fun - Best regards
Val.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I have placed my order but is this the norm?
IMG_20200125_175534.jpg

XLR8R

Level 4
Jan 20, 2020

BullGuard Premium Protection (10 PC) can be had for like 19 GBP per year (~25 USD). A month or two ago, I bought BullGuard Premium 10 Devices for 2 years at around 30 USD. Excellent deal if you ask me.

The things I would like you to consider are that with Emsisoft you're primarily getting Anti-Malware. BullGuard will give you a complete suite at that price point and their automated PC optimization + game booster is actually very good. You get a secure browser, a wi-fi scanner, vulnerability checking and a firewall function on top of regular Anti-Malware.

I would say Emsisoft has slightly better overall protection, but does not beat BullGuard on value. It also depends on several factors - BullGuard is very easy to use and the alerts are quite easy to understand even for a layman in computer user terms. It is one of very few products I can trust to effectively protect family computers with confidence as most people are able to use it without qualms.

Emsisoft, as a technical product, is better than BullGuard. But it lacks the features and the ease-of-use of BullGuard (by that, I mean that if my 71 year old neighbour one day decides to get curious and tinker with adjustments and settings, he'd be very quick to understand what each setting does in BullGuard).

In the real world, both are based on BitDefender engine + their own BB. I would say Emsisoft is a bit better on zero days, but in practice I think both products achieve a decent protection rate.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
pls take a look at our malwarehub for some tests of bullguard..most time it's very disappointing.
like the most av's with bitdefender sigs, it depends too much on signature detection because their behavior blocker is not
responsive at most cases.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.