Emsisoft Anti-Malware 11.0 Review & Rating | PCMag.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewul

Level 1
Verified
Nov 18, 2012
I wonder. . .
what would be the best alternatives (Internet Security) for Emsisoft, taking support into account.

a) My experience is that Kaspersky support is bad
b) Norton a bit 'mixed' reactions on PCMag - I have used it for a while, I think their support is fairly okay
c) BitDefender on PCMag I am reading mostly (or only?) negative reactions. bad support, double charging, etc.

=

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
I wonder. . .
what would be the best alternatives (Internet Security) for Emsisoft, taking support into account.

a) My experience is that Kaspersky support is bad
b) Norton a bit 'mixed' reactions on PCMag - I have used it for a while, I think their support is fairly okay
c) BitDefender on PCMag I am reading mostly (or only?) negative reactions. bad support, double charging, etc.

=
Eset Smart Security or Avira Internet Security/Avast IS

thewul

Level 1
Verified
Nov 18, 2012
I know, I know . . .
but for technical reasons (long story, dozens of mails with their support), I am encountering license issues on my pc,
i.e. the software can not be registered. Emsisoft has an issue with software that I am using on daily basis. After registration,
Emsisoft returns into 'unregistered' state after a while. In the end, I have no protection anymore, because it can only be
registered a limited number of times. Received other keys, but problem remains.

So, sad to say, i have no alternative but to start looking around for alternatives.

Right now I installed a trial of Bitdefender.

=

H

hjlbx

I know, I know . . .
but for technical reasons (long story, dozens of mails with their support), I am encountering license issues on my pc,
i.e. the software can not be registered. Emsisoft has an issue with software that I am using on daily basis. After registration,
Emsisoft returns into 'unregistered' state after a while. In the end, I have no protection anymore, because it can only be
registered a limited number of times. Received other keys, but problem remains.

So, sad to say, i have no alternative but to start looking around for alternatives.

Right now I installed a trial of Bitdefender.

=

What OS version ?

Besides Emsi, there is Webroot. Webroot support is free - but only as good as the technicians that provide support.

Why not ditch the AV and just go with AppGuard and Windows Defender\Firewall ?

thewul

Level 1
Verified
Nov 18, 2012
What OS version ?

Besides Emsi, there is Webroot. Webroot support is free - but only as good as the technicians that provide support.

Why not ditch the AV and just go with AppGuard and Windows Defender\Firewall ?

Never looked at Webroot, to be honest, I'll consider this, need to read more about it.
Don't know about ditching AV and or using Windows Defender only. Seems Defender can't keep up with
the leading AV products...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.