Battle Emsisoft Anti-Malware 12 OR Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium?

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Hi, i want to know what you would choose between those two products in terms of protection only. I think these two are great products, which are different in their approach with dealing with malwares and other nasty stuffs.

Emsisoft Anti-malware is more traditional with a Dual signature engine,and behavioural detection(trained also to stop Ransomwares) and web protection.

Malwarebytes 3.0 focuses more on Pro-active protection(behavioural protection), system and app hardening(exploit protection),has web and ransomware protection also, and focuses less on signatures compared to Emsisoft.

So, what would you choose between those two products to protect your system(without combining them).
As examples:
Why you think one approach is better than the other and vice/versa?
Perhaps due to how you use your PC, why you would prefer one product on the other.
How one product or the other could offer better protection, depending on your personal opinion?

Please, no product bashing ;)

Thanks.

F

ForgottenSeer 55778

Is it normal for Emsisoft Anti-Malware to disable Windows Defender ?

Yes! Emsisoft Anti-Malware is technically an antivirus, so it disables Defender like all other antiviruses to avoid comflict. Says Emsisoft:"Our lab has determined that classic viruses only make up less than 0.5% of total threats (in 2016). Using "Antivirus" would therefore be wrong by definition. We're perfectionists so we have elected to use the broader term "Malware" as it stands for all kinds of online threats."

Reactions: spaceoctopus

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I'm very happy with Emsisoft AM. At first I was having performance problem. Disabled memory usage optimization and it was fixed.
I have Malwarebytes 3 premium too but it slowed down my computer so i keep it disabled and use as an on demand scanner once in a while. Hopefully, they make it great again someday.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.