App Review Emsisoft Anti Malware 8 review and the aftermath(nsm0220)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
if you use imaging software on a separate hard drive then restoring a pc is not a problem and fast so no nuke at all

and if testing is what you do you would not do it on a network

and you know since you use virtual machines that thay do not run the same as a real pc thay are slower and thats a fact

and i think the slowness of a VM can affect the test if to much is going on as seen in some of these videos

:)

James

Reactions: Koroke San

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
I have about 6gb of Ram dedicated to my VM. I still get a little slow down occasionally. For the most part things work fairly well and testing malware hasn't been a problem in VM. If I had an older laptop I would test on it.

D

Deleted member 178

old PCs for testing malware are best , they are just REAL , of course they must be isolated from the network ; and when the test is finish ; just restore a clean image or use multipasses wiping software to clean it properly; then reinstall. nothing complicated and risky here.

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
old PCs for testing malware are best , they are just REAL , of course they must be isolated from the network ; and when the test is finish ; just restore a clean image or use multipasses wiping software to clean it properly; then reinstall. nothing complicated and risky here.
yeah until you get your files get ransomed and after all a very good repair pc person is who good with windows and Linux said to me once that its is better to test malware on a vm then testing on real pc for safely reasons

D

Deleted member 178

yeah until you get your files get ransomed

if it is a malware testing PC , it should not have any files so who care if you get ransomned or not...

and after all a very good repair pc person is who good with windows and Linux said to me once that its is better to test malware on a vm then testing on real pc for safely reasons

if you don't have a spare old cheap PC for malware testing, better not doing tests at all; no way i use my normal PC for malware testing even in a VM

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Guys, let me remind you that the topic of this thread is : Emsisoft Anti Malware 8 review , so lets try to stick to the subject.

Another thing that I would like to remind you are the forum rules: http://malwaretips.com/pages/rules/

And more specifically :
Be nice to each other. Profanity, insults, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts will not be tolerated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.