Not open for further replies.

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

I have some money to spend on a license and I can;t decide...please help.

D

Deleted member 178

Infact you should keep your money for later, Emsisoft is going to release EIS v9 and traditionally they will sponsor many giveaways to celebrate it ;)

Reactions: nissimezra

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
The Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9 that I currently have installed came to me for free by winning a contest on another web site.I like it a lot.That being said,360IS does seem to be an awesome product.In my own opinion,360 IS is the best free AV available. I know there is 360 Total with Avira engine,but I just don't need all the clean this & that features that it offers. Both 360IS & Total seem to be great product.
not only the best free, one of the best in the market

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
There is a free ''alternative'' to Emsisoft....it is called Qihoo 360 Internet Security and i can say from my personal experience that it is equal (sometimes better) to Emsisoft. To pay for an antivirus program doesnt mean that you will be more protected for sure.
The choice is yours ;)

Reactions: nissimezra

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Emsisoft More Better :D

Based on what?
Detection rate? Please take a look at ''virus exchange'' section and see who's doing better.
Light on the system? Just take a look to your windows boot time, and memory usage
Behavior Blocker? Emsisoft's is really good but it takes time to react, Qihoo's on the other hand (because of the cloud) reacts more faster.
The ONLY thing that Emsisoft is better is the webblocker.

Additional:
Does Emsisoft provide any webcam protection?

I am really sorry for the off topic answer, but i dont feel comfortable reading answers like ''this is the best'' without say why.
I always be careful with answers because there are some users depends on this kind of discussions to choose what is the best and what is not for them.

Reactions: Edward ST

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
MikeV,

Which one please, Qihoo 360 Internet Security and/or Qihoo 360 Total Security.:confused:
And one has not updated for long while?:confused:

Could you provide a link for the "virus exchange" that you are talking about?;)

Which is better at cleaning a infected system, back to normal? Express yourself?
I will listen!

Kind regards,:)

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
emsisoft , i'm using it myself and i have to say that it's very good at bug squishing in every program update(which they update their software in short time periods that makes it very stable and reliable ) , reacting to new threats ,scan speed,bb blocker,ability too run along side other security software's and ... . just give it a try and compare it with bitdefender.

Last edited:

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
MikeV,

Which one please, Qihoo 360 Internet Security and/or Qihoo 360 Total Security.:confused:
And one has not updated for long while?:confused:

Could you provide a link for the "virus exchange" that you are talking about?;)

Which is better at cleaning a infected system, back to normal? Express yourself?
I will listen!

Kind regards,:)

This is an off topic conversation. This is not Emsisoft vs Qihoo here. I will pm you for answers.

Reactions: Moose
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.