App Review Emsisoft Anti Malware Home Tested 6.3.21

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Computer Solutions

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
I wish when people post videos like this that they would include a summary of how well the tested product did. I have zero desire to watch any video more then 30 seconds long, and that's pushing it. I know tester's want other people to watch their videos but speaking for myself, and I assume a few others, I don't want to watch any videos'.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I wish when people post videos like this that they would include a summary of how well the tested product did. I have zero desire to watch any video more then 30 seconds long, and that's pushing it. I know tester's want other people to watch their videos but speaking for myself, and I assume a few others, I don't want to watch any videos'.
A tip/hint. Try click a few times at the end, as normally tester does include the summary at the end. In this case around the 18 minutes mark. :coffee:🍪

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Off topic but surprised to see Computer Solutions using Zemana Antimalware as one of their on demand scanners. Zemana used to have some great products but did just about everything they could to destroy their good name. Wouldn't touch anything of theirs now.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Off topic but surprised to see Computer Solutions using Zemana Antimalware as one of their on demand scanners. Zemana used to have some great products but did just about everything they could to destroy their good name. Wouldn't touch anything of theirs now.
Yes, I used the Zemana Anti logger years ago it was a great software company back then.
NPE would be a better choice for a second opinion scanner.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
@5:11 and @5:41: Emsi + Edge--that dreaded third URL, I saw SmartScreen pop up and then a notice from Emsi about a Trojan. Does that qualify as a "pass?" It wasn't blocked in the same way the other URLs were--it looked like Emsisoft didn't initially block it like the others.

So I took from this that if using Edge browser, keep SmartScreen enabled anyway for those rare or maybe not-so-rare times. I notice that an Emsisoft scan loaded w/malware didn't need a restart after cleaning like it used to. That's nice!

zoran popovic

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 26, 2019

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.