SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Is there a tutorial on how to configure or tweak Emsisoft? Or is this not relevant?
Emsisoft either does it on it's own or when it doesn't have rules for something it will ask or auto decide and inform you based on your settings. You don't have to plan in advance.

Is there a tutorial on how to configure or tweak Emsisoft? Or is this not relevant?

I know people requested guides and tutorials in the past, but they were never produced.

I don't think they want people messing with the BB settings because it was precisely people messing with the BB settings (trying to harden the BB for a process) that got people into trouble. Users messing up the BB settings appeared to me to be a sore spot from Emsisoft's perspective.

Same as we don't want people messing with AppGuard settings unless they know what they're doing - meaning they can figure it out for themselves. Then the argument goes something like "Well we won't know what we're doing, can't figure it out for ourselves, unless you produce something to teach us." My reply to that is that we tried for a very short while to be in the teaching business and some users proved that they could not even follow basic instructions so we got out of the teaching business real quick. So those few users messed it up for everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

And i will had, if people has the required knowledge to do tweaks as they like, they won't ask about it.

For example, i almost never ask how to tweak any softs , i just do via trial & errors.
Companies won't take the risk to give you tweaking help/tips then being blamed because you messed it up all the way.
Most will only help if you have issues with the soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.