Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Emsisoft cannot connect to update server
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Restored default settings, reinstalled Emsisoft, restored default network settings...
I just found out that Emsisoft (in my case on guest) cannot connect to the update server if Windscribe (in my case on host) is connected to "best location" or to some locations in US...some other US as EU locations work.
Change location in Windscribe till you find the location that works.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I no longer use Emsisoft, my deal expired and I got a good one with F-Secure, though I liked Emsisoft a lot. I changed over last year but before then I found that I had similar issues with updating Emsisoft if I had Windscribe set to 'Best Location'. I rarely use US l servers for it so I can't comment on that. I'm in Europe and a few times I found that setting it to another European location other than where I was really located meant I couldn't always update Emsisoft. Normally I resolved the issue by changing to my actual home country.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.