Emsisoft Emergency Kit - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
MY EEK is exceeding my screen (vertically). How can i make it in its default size.

Emsisoft.png

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It can not be resized, you have to change your screen resolution.

It looks like you are using a small screen, increasing your resolution should solve the problem.

Edit: can can be resized only from the bottom right hand corner doted arrow.

Thanks. :D

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Sir, I am having very small screen so if i increase resolution it will exceed my screen.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
MrExplorer said:
Sir, I am having very small screen so if i increase resolution it will exceed my screen.

Try decreasing it then until you can see the very bottom.

At the right hand side of the bottom corner grab the doted arrow and pull it up to resize it.

2DJDMY9.png

Enjoy!! :D

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
I Know this thing but the problem is i cannot have access that corner because it is exceeding the screen. But by increasing resolution i have access to this corner & make it again to default.
Thanks for the help.

Please Close this Thread.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
METHOD 1: Using Keyboard Shortcut

You just need to press "ALT+SPACEBAR" keys together and it'll open the System Menu which shows minimize, maximize, restore, close, size and move options.

Once you get the menu, you can use arrow keys to go to the desired option and press Enter key.
For example, to move the window select "Move" option (or press m key to select the option) and then you can use arrow keys to move the program window to left, right, top or bottom.

Similarly, to resize a large and wide window, select "Size" option (or press s key to select the option) and then use arrow keys to resize it.

METHOD 2: Using Mouse

If you don't want to use keyboard shortcut, you can use your mouse to access system menu. Just right-click on the program button present in Taskbar. Windows 7 users will need to press SHIFT key while right-clicking on the program button otherwise it'll bring jumplist.
Right-clicking on the program button will show the same system menu and then you can click on the desired option but you'll still need to use arrow keys to move or resize the program window.

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Click on the window title, then press one of arrows.

or try http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/ResizeEnable/

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
BoraMurdar said:
METHOD 1: Using Keyboard Shortcut

You just need to press "ALT+SPACEBAR" keys together and it'll open the System Menu which shows minimize, maximize, restore, close, size and move options.

Once you get the menu, you can use arrow keys to go to the desired option and press Enter key.
For example, to move the window select "Move" option (or press m key to select the option) and then you can use arrow keys to move the program window to left, right, top or bottom.

Similarly, to resize a large and wide window, select "Size" option (or press s key to select the option) and then use arrow keys to resize it.

METHOD 2: Using Mouse

If you don't want to use keyboard shortcut, you can use your mouse to access system menu. Just right-click on the program button present in Taskbar. Windows 7 users will need to press SHIFT key while right-clicking on the program button otherwise it'll bring jumplist.
Right-clicking on the program button will show the same system menu and then you can click on the desired option but you'll still need to use arrow keys to move or resize the program window.

Neither one of these methods work with Emsisoft. I already try this first.
But it does work with most other Windows.

First method does nothing at all.
Second method only brings up the menu options to Restore, Minimize or Close, no resize or Maximize options. Restore only brings the same size back after it is minimized.

Emsisoft needs to do something about this because on laptops and small screens it always appears too large running off the screen.

In fact I couldn't get any of the common keyboard shortcuts to work with either Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

Thanks. :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is it possible to maximise the window, then resize it from the bottom-right?

What about if you auto-hide the taskbar, or move the taskbar to the top or sides?

PS: Even Windows 8 has a minimum resolution requirement of 1024x768.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
If above doesn't work, try this portable tool called Sizer, just run it, click the oversized window and you will see an options to resize it to desired resolution :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OK, good to know.

So what's the reason behind running at a lower resolution?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Out of curiosity, what's your screen size?

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Really, I don't know my screen size but i think it is 19 inches. Whenever i want to watch movies or want to experience a good screen size, i connect my PC with my LED 45 inches TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.