Advice Request Emsisoft Emergency Kit issue (?)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
I have already downloaded the installation file for Emsisoft Emergency Kit three times (via Chocolatey as well as official website).

Can someone check whether it is my fault or Emsisoft's? Thanks (y)

Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-04-19 22-17-31.png

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
It's not even signed.
Actually the signature created during the download is invalid. At first I got the message, that the revocation has failed, now it is OK, but the digital signature is still invalid. On the bright side, only EmsisoftEmergencyKit.exe is affected, once files are unpacked/updated, the scanner works fine.

Attachments

• capture_04192019_230028.jpg
    capture_04192019_230028.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 304
  • capture_04192019_230619.jpg
    capture_04192019_230619.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 323

Threadripper

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2019
Yeah, after the update, everything went fine.

Well, quite unprofessional. This shouldn't happen to companies that specialize in user security.
It shouldn't have happened but cut them some slack, for a team of 40 remote people they've made a fine set of products and big security companies with hundreds of millions of customers and a whole lot of $ end up damaging systems more than malware. Avira couldn't make a behaviour blocker that didn't black screen systems after Windows Updates but Emsisoft managed it.

Fabian Wosar

From Emsisoft
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
Looks like the file got truncated while being replicated to the download servers. That's why the digital signature doesn't match and unpacking failed. The problem was fixed automatically when the next daily rebuild happened. We will try to figure out why replication failed and add some safeguards against it.

Also: This is not an official support channel. We don't monitor anything and don't get any notifications when something is posted here. I only check occasionally. If there is something important, you are better off contacting our support through one of the official channels or at the very least send me a PM here so I get a notification.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.