Advice Request Emsisoft Emergency Kit paid now?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
All good things must get paid at some point. Lots of good folks working on said products to make them as good or trusted as they're, after all. If the home version of EEK is reasonably priced, I don't think it will be too much of an issue. Seeing as the previously linked post about ERK specifically states business and enterprise.

We’d like to introduce you to Emsisoft Remediation Kit, which replaces our Business Emergency Kit and Enterprise Emergency Kit. All current licenses for these products will automatically port to an Emsisoft Remediation Kit license with the next product update.

I am using version 2022.8.0.11596 (released Aug 2nd) as a free working version now, is version 2022.1.0.11328 an earlier version?
That is correct, 2022.1.0.11328 is an earlier version.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
After installing, I started with Start Scanner.exe and it asked for a license. If you don't enter anything, the software will exit. A direct click on a2emergencykit.exe in the bin64 folder allowed me to update and scan. Once you have done that, launching from Start Scanner.exe will no longer ask for a license.

It's a little off topic. Have they stopped their product for android? It has disappeared from the list of sites.
Today, when I downloaded it again and verified it, I was in a state where I couldn't proceed unless I cleared the license. It was definitely working when I made this post, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. disappointing.:censored:

LittleDude

Level 2
Verified
Jun 17, 2014
Did some testing with the latest version. Edit a2settings.ini by adding Type=8 under [LicenseType]. Run it once, you will be asked for a license and the setting will change to Type=14.
Change it back to 8 and it should stay that way...and you should be good to go.
Can someone please confirm this works for them also?
2022-08-05_215344.png

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
From the update blog it seems that ERK will be an enterprise version of EEK. It is quite likely that EEK will remain free for personal use. I use Emsisoft Anti Malware and am still able to create a completely updated version of EEK with my EAM that could be shared on another computer without any license.

Edit: if anyone would like to inspect the EEK created by EAM it'll be up on this link for a week

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Wow, I just got off the chat with their support. Silly fast and I got it confirmed that it's a link error, but they are actually updating the name EEK to ERK and the good news is, it will still be a 100% free version. (y):coffee:
A Japanese site that introduces online software also covered this topic. After all, it seems that the link is wrong and it will take a few days to fix it. EEK will continue to be offered free of charge for home users.

If the official community still existed, I'm sure support would have been fed up with dealing with this issue.
キャプチャ.PNG

Emsisoft

From Emsisoft
Verified
Developer
Jul 27, 2013
Sorry for the late reply to this. I just want to confirm that the Emsisoft Emergency Kit is still free for non-commercial use, just like it always was. We essentially only renamed the commercial licensing to 'Emsisoft Remediation Kit' and gave it its own product page and downloadable package that skips the free option on first startup.
The download links were fixed as well.

Free Emsisoft Emergency Kit: Emsisoft - Emergency Kit: Portable Malware & Virus Scanner
Commercial Emsisoft Remediation Kit: Emsisoft - Remediation Kit

SerialCart

From Serialcart.com
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 27, 2019
I completely understand your point but please note that specially in the current hard times, it costs to keep the good developers.

For example in the central Europe, hiring a simple employee with no special qualifications would cost about 4-4500 Euros per month for a company.

I am sure companies like EMSISOFT who have several qualified developers would be paying even double.

So I would not go mad at companies like EMSISOFT who are claiming that they are not selling their customers data unlike some companies that have done this in the past (Avast) or like others do not implement miners in their software (norton) :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.