Advice Request Emsisoft Enterprise Security

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

zkSnark

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 13, 2019
I had entered the Emsisoft Christmas Giveaway and won the Emsisoft Enterprise Security license for 1 year. :)
I have been using Kaspersky Total Security on my PC and had configured it with @harlan4096 's custom security settings. As I want to try the Emsisoft security replacing KTS, what additional configurations do I need to tweak or add any other security programs? Appreciate your suggestions. Thanks!

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
If I may, I have a question related to the Emsisoft Christmas Giveaway as well too. Is there any point in asking Jack for the business or enterprise version instead of the home version for my personal laptop? I'm not awfully familiar with the Emsisoft business line. Will there be additional customizations?

Also, I would also like to thank MalwareTips from the bottom of my heart for this promotion! It really is a wonderful gift, I am very happy to join the Emsisoft family.🤍💙🤍

zkSnark

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 13, 2019
If I may, I have a question related to the Emsisoft Christmas Giveaway as well too. Is there any point in asking Jack for the business or enterprise version instead of the home version for my personal laptop? I'm not awfully familiar with the Emsisoft business line. Will there be additional customizations?

Also, I would also like to thank MalwareTips from the bottom of my heart for this promotion! It really is a wonderful gift, I am very happy to join the Emsisoft family.🤍💙🤍
I checked Emsisoft website, and it seems Enterprise version has a few extra features, but don't know exactly if they are needed for personal PC. Maybe Emsisoft experts here in MT can answer more briefly.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I checked Emsisoft website, and it seems Enterprise version has a few extra features, but don't know exactly if they are needed for personal PC. Maybe Emsisoft experts here in MT can answer more briefly.

It seems to me that you have EDR, management with an administration console and Active Directory (to create security GPOs)

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
I had a chat with Emsisoft about which version was best for a single PC home user, and they said definitely Anti-Malware Home.
the recommend is based upon cost and then assumption that a home user best served by less configuration and management
small business and enterprise more expensive and more web portal configuration, there are no increased protection features

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
the recommend is based upon cost and then assumption that a home user best served by less configuration and management
small business and enterprise more expensive and more web portal configuration, there are no increased protection features
They also said that the protection is the same, but that the business and enterprise versions had other features that wouldn't generally apply for a single user home network.

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
Guys, I wonder if it makes sense to activate the key on March 30th, or has its timeline already started going anyway? Since I have a couple more months of Eset, maybe I can save Emsisoft for 1.5 month?

Also I chose and installed the Enterprise (trial for while), at least it's interesting to have EDR - doesn't this feature affect protection? And also just curious to play around with the most advanced version, when else will there be a chance? :)

Maybe later I will describe my general impressions, for now I really like the cloud console.

zkSnark

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 13, 2019
Guys, I wonder if it makes sense to activate the key on March 30th, or has its timeline already started going anyway? Since I have a couple more months of Eset, maybe I can save Emsisoft for 1.5 month?

Also I chose and installed the Enterprise (trial for while), at least it's interesting to have EDR - doesn't this feature affect protection? And also just curious to play around with the most advanced version, when else will there be a chance? :)

Maybe later I will describe my general impressions, for now I really like the cloud console.
March 29th to be on safe side lol.
I too chose Enterprise for EDR 😀

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
I'm currently using Emsisoft Business Security because I'm interested in the EDR function. So far, EDR has not yet reported. I will not activate the new license until the end of March 2023, so that it will give me an extension of the term.

Reactions: zkSnark

Emsisoft

From Emsisoft
Verified
Developer
Jul 27, 2013
Congratulations to all winners!

Just to clarify: All editions are based on the same binaries, same UI and core protection featureset. However, the Business edition also runs on server OS and the Enterprise edition adds a whole bunch of extra features like EDR with full process activity logging capabilities. We recommend the use of those features mainly to professional threat hunters and SOC teams in larger organizations.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.