App Review Emsisoft Internet Security 12 Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

How long should my AV Test videos be?

• 20+ Minutes

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 15 Minutes

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • 10 Minutes

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Less than 10 Minutes if possible

Votes: 20 38.5%

• Total voters
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Hi all,

This is my review of Emsisoft Internet Security 12. Overall, I really like this AV & would highly recommend this software to anyone. Please watch the video to find out more:

Some things to note:

- I had less samples than normal & this will probably continue until I find a better way of extracting the ZIP files, etc...
- I now have my Blue Yeti Mic but I used Noise Removal in Audacity & this affects the sound quality.
- I should have done a reboot & scanned the system after the Prevention Test but because this video was so long I decided not to - I will do this next time.

Here is my upload schedule:

Saturday or Sunday - AV Test
Wednesday - Meeting Malware video (eg. Ransomware execution) or Security Setup (NEW series where I configure AV product's settings).

Thank you for watching & hopefully I will see you all again soon :D

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Those 3 that can't be removed are already removed(12:30). They were part of some of the removed malware. As you can see for example the first is sample 115 and that is missing.

Like the video but i would like it shorter. Would prefer a max of 15 minutes. Also i would prefer a summary at the end on how the product did.

Nice video in general.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Those 3 that can't be removed are already removed(12:30). They were part of some of the removed malware. As you can see for example the first is sample 115 and that is missing.

Like the video but i would like it shorter. Would prefer a max of 15 minutes. Also i would prefer a summary at the end on how the product did.

Nice video in general.
Oh wow yeah you are correct. Opps I missed that thanks for that.

I will try to find a way of making things shorter & yes I normally do a summary but the music from that false positive at the end distracted me...No seriously it did. Thanks :)

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I will try to keep the videos at 15 mins in length but this is quite difficult without cutting out sections of the video.
Only way is less malware. Go get 500 malware. See which work and which get detected. If the number of those you have to run manually are a lot limit it. Also no reason to show as every single setting run default and if something is needed to change show that only.
You wasted 3 min doing a product overview when you are doing malware testing.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Only way is less malware. Go get 500 malware. See which work and which get detected. If the number of those you have to run manually are a lot limit it. Also no reason to show as every single setting run default and if something is needed to change show that only.
You wasted 3 min doing a product overview when you are doing malware testing.
Very good points made there. The only reason I show all the settings & do the overview is because I have been criticised in the past for not doing so.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I prefer long videos 15-20 minutes as it allows the author or creator to do a more undiminished review and fully get their thoughts and findings out from review. Often times with short videos, I find myself having lots of unanswered and question the videos authenticity and validity.
For example: video of said antivirus software, their settings, and their scan results, are good videos of what it does, but it doesn't allow for the reviewers input on it most of the time.

Cheers and thanks for the awesome videos, @MalwareBlockerYT

Last edited:
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
I prefer long videos 15-20 minutes as it allows the author or creator to do a more undiminished review and fully get their thoughts and findings out from review. Often times with short videos, I find myself having lots of unanswered and question the videos authenticity and validity.
For example: video of said antivirus software, their settings, and their scan results, are good videos of what it does, but it doesn't allow for the reviewers input on it most of the time.

Cheers and thanks for the awesome videos, @MalwareBlockerYT
Thanks man :D I will be trying to keep my future videos around 15 minutes max if possible because otherwise many viewers will lose interest.

Also I do apologise for not giving my full opinion in the video, I will be doing this next time & in all future uploads :)

Ana_Filiz

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 23, 2016
Emsisoft is a very good AV, i`m very lucky i bought one license at a discounted price. I think the rest of the samples not picked up by the scan is just PUP or legit software. So, the rate is much, much higher. And the scan speed is something i haven`t seen on any other AV. Gj, Emsi. :D
I prefer the longer videos in order to have time to observe all the details, so i voted 20+

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Emsisoft is a very good AV, i`m very lucky i bought one license at a discounted price. I think the rest of the samples not picked up by the scan is just PUP or legit software. So, the rate is much, much higher. And the scan speed is something i haven`t seen on any other AV. Gj, Emsi. :D
I completely agree, in fact in my testing I am pretty sure that Emsisoft has the highest detection rate with Avast, Kaspersky & Bitdefender slightly behind it. I also agree that most of the samples left over were PUPs & 3 of those files looked to be false positives - which I didn't count in the detection rate percentage or detection ratio fraction shown on screen.

Ana_Filiz

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 23, 2016
I completely agree, in fact in my testing I am pretty sure that Emsisoft has the highest detection rate with Avast, Kaspersky & Bitdefender slightly behind it. I also agree that most of the samples left over were PUPs & 3 of those files looked to be false positives - which I didn't count in the detection rate percentage or detection ratio fraction shown on screen.

I like this guy very much, he is very supportive. Excellent job. Please test also Dr. Web AV.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
@MalwareBlockerYT

I might be strange but I like reading or hearing about what the reviewer feels about the products and their opinions. You are like the spokesperson giving an honest review based off your findings and testing and mostly I feel that's what i watch such said video. Most short videos I have watched are more like commercials or ads, and just sites off what the products does. Ever watch an Microsoft Office review video, LoL? those are like commercials!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.