App Review Emsisoft Internet Security 12 Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

How long should my AV Test videos be?

• 20+ Minutes

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 15 Minutes

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • 10 Minutes

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Less than 10 Minutes if possible

Votes: 20 38.5%

• Total voters
W

Wave

Thread author
@ Wave: try to install it with Windows firewall off, see if it works.
I believe I've done this before, since I've used both Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security on my host system before at some point back in 2015; at that point I was not using Windows Defender. Maybe I just remember wrong. I will do some tests sometime this week on it and let you know.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
You don't have the right answer up there in that poll.
The answer should be "as long as it takes to perform the test"
If viewers complain about the length of the review, tell them
to go watch something else.
The quality of the test matters far more to me than the length,
and it should be thus for you as a tester as well ;)

adnage19

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Amen! There is nothing wrong with long videos.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
I just had a little bit of time to watch the whole video. Very good review indeed and quite informative. good job :cool:

next time, if you can find 4-5 fresh ransomwares and put them to your test, it would be more fun. just my though ;)
Thanks :) I will be doing future ransomware tests if I have time within the video - I don't want the reviews to take over 20 minutes...

Nice review. I think you sum it up nicely!
Thanks!

You make a very good point. However, I cannot simply tell my viewers to stop watching like that because my viewers will probably just leave me & watch other testers. I agree that quality matter more than the length but if I can be concise as well as make quality videos then it's better for everyone & no one can complain!

Amen! There is nothing wrong with long videos.
I agree but lots of people prefer shorter tests...

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I believe I've done this before, since I've used both Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security on my host system before at some point back in 2015; at that point I was not using Windows Defender. Maybe I just remember wrong. I will do some tests sometime this week on it and let you know.
No need to test. It's not depended on windows firewall and actually disables it.

adnage19

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
A new video will be up in the next 30 mins & please do tell me what you think :) I'm trying a few new things out...
Maybe it will be helpful for the next tests - when it comes to proactive test (running undetected samples) - you could scan undetected files with Zemana, HitmanPro and Emsisoft EK and you can choose for the test only samples that were detected by these 3 scanners. Just to make sure that you are not running FP's.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Maybe it will be helpful for the next tests - when it comes to proactive test (running undetected samples) - you could scan undetected files with Zemana, HitmanPro and Emsisoft EK and you can choose for the test only samples that were detected by these 3 scanners. Just to make sure that you are not running FP's.
This is a possibility but I got criticised before for actually bothering to do the second opinion scanners before a reboot.

adnage19

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
This is a possibility but I got criticised before for actually bothering to do the second opinion scanners before a reboot.
Hmm, are you sure? I mean, there is nothing wrong with that. First, you make a scan with the tested software, you delete detected files. And then you make scan of undetected files with HitmanPro, Zemana and EEK, you DON'T delete detected files, you just look at detected files and you copy them to other folder. And these samples you will run to test proactive protection.

W

Wave

Thread author
Hmm, are you sure? I mean, there is nothing wrong with that. First, you make a scan with the tested software, you delete detected files. And then you make scan of undetected files with HitmanPro, Zemana and EEK, you DON'T delete detected files, you just look at detected files and you copy them to other folder. And these samples you will run to test proactive protection.
No, there is a problem with this, actually.

Some security software will mark some detection's for removal on reboot, therefore if you run the on-demand scans before the reboot it may flag samples which have already been detected (and marked for removal on the reboot), which will make the main product being testing look like it has performed worse than it actually has.

adnage19

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
No, there is a problem with this, actually.

Some security software will mark some detection's for removal on reboot, therefore if you run the on-demand scans before the reboot it may flag samples which have already been detected (and marked for removal on the reboot), which will make the main product being testing look like it has performed worse than it actually has.
So let's just make reboot before the scan, easy :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.