mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Freezing and BSOD
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Acronis Image Recovery.
I had tried out the final version of EIS 9 on my desktop (trial version) after an initial smooth installation and engine updates and scan i shut down my pc. The next day, my pc began to freeze up after boot, at times the network would not boot up and had to restart the pc or i would get a BSOD. I uninstalled EIS 9, got back on Avast and all the problem solved on it's own. Forward a few days, and i tried it again, this time on my laptop also running windows 8.1 after successful installation and a restart later i was faced with the same issue all over again freezes on boot, BSOD's, etc. Things got so bad that i had to do a image recovery with Acronis, as with the PC all problem resolved when EIS 9 was uninstalled. Any one else faced a similar issue?

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Used EIS once and had some issues downloading updates, it would reach downloading whitelist or something like that then just stop loading. Couldn't fix the problem so I decided to jump ship :)

But while it was working it was a really good AV although heavy on the system sometimes I really liked it.

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
If "Enable Beta Updates" is ticked whenever a new Beta is released it will automatically update as it would with a new stable version.If EIS asks for a restart then you know the program itself has been updated.After 2 BSOD's knowing nothing new was installed on my PC (except for the EIS update & restart) to cause a conflict it was fairly easy to pinpoint the problem.Beta updates are really not a necessity unless prior to version 9 release you were Beta testing it.

Used EIS once and had some issues downloading updates, it would reach downloading whitelist or something like that then just stop loading. Couldn't fix the problem so I decided to jump ship
The only real problems I ever experienced using EIS were Beta related.When the security pack was comprised of separate programs OA was somewhat buggy on Windows 8 pre 8.1 so I continued with EIS on Windows & SP1 & ESS on Windows 8
EIS when comprised of the 2 separate programs EAM & OA on version 7 was a bit heavy.However the updates for EAM were very frequent and probably was the contributing factor to this problem for some.Version 8 release saw less frequent updates and less system impact,at least for me.I have to say that with the release of EIS 9 I have seen no noticeable system impact with the now all-in-one suite.

Upvote 0

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
A little update, i have re-installed EIS 9 on my desktop and i am happy to announce all the problems i had listed with EIS have been resolved. It's quite light on the system 135mb on idle. No freezes or BSOD working like a well oiled machine.

Upvote 0

PauloXBR

Level 1
Verified
Dec 9, 2012
I had several problems with the EIS: freezing goolge chrome, random freezing of windows 8.1 (no program starts), the icon disappeared from the task bar, etc. I tried to use the beta updates without success. Now I'm using Bullguard.
Unfortunately because I like the EIS.

Upvote 0

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
I had several problems with the EIS: freezing goolge chrome, random freezing of windows 8.1 (no program starts), the icon disappeared from the task bar, etc. I tried to use the beta updates without success. Now I'm using Bullguard.
Unfortunately because I like the EIS.

Turn of Beta updates as @exterminator20 stated above he to had issues when beta updates were ticked. Un-tick that and most of your problems should be resolved.

Reactions: PauloXBR
Upvote 0

PauloXBR

Level 1
Verified
Dec 9, 2012
Turn of Beta updates as @exterminator20 stated above he to had issues when beta updates were ticked. Un-tick that and most of your problems should be resolved.

Mercurial, unfortunately I've tried with and without the beta updates, and nothing has worked.
In the EIS forum there are other people with similar problems ...
Will try again in the future.
Thank you.

Reactions: mercurial
Upvote 0

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Mercurial, unfortunately I've tried with and without the beta updates, and nothing has worked.
In the EIS forum there are other people with similar problems ...
Will try again in the future.
Thank you.
Ah, i see. Well i had a lot of problems with EIS 9 some of the few you mentioned above, but after downloading a fresh copy and updating all my drivers seems to have fixed the issues i was facing. Well good luck, hopefully in the near future the problems you are facing will get sorted out as well. :)

Cheers!

Reactions: PauloXBR
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.