Battle Emsisoft Internet Security or Windows Defender with Hitman Pro Alert

skandaloes

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 15, 2016
What do you prefer emsisoft internetsecurity or windows defender combined with hitman pro alert (premium)?
I looking for an light weight an secure setup for a computer in productive use and a bit of gaming.

Reactions: DardiM and Noxx

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Emsisoft Internet Security or Windows Defender + HMP:A

I'll be honest, I can't decide entirely but I do lean towards EIS more. Both seem like very good options. So, it might depends on each person's system. If you like to install things often bundle with adware and pups, Emsisoft would be a good choice. However if you are a simple user that doesn't install many programs and typically only browse to known safe websites, then Windows Defender + HMP:A would be good choice.

Other: Have you tried Sophos Home Free Antivirus? Since the Sophos company acquire SurfRight, both Sophos Home and HMP:A should function really well together.

Actually EIS doesn't have "anti-exploit" capability:

Fabian Wosar said at their Forums: "We don't offer exploit protection and never claimed to do so.
Here's an answer regarding the exploit protection in Emsisoft.
Does EAM\EIS now have Anti-Exploit protection ? - Emsisoft Internet Security - Emsisoft Support Forums

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
The first thing to do to get protection against exploits, is keeping your system and softwares up to date. And also know what kind of software you are installing on your Pc. For example if they have a low reputation avoid installing them.:)
Even if a security vendor does not explicitely tell you that they have exploit protection, they generally have different methods for blocking them on different levels. For example, the malicious behaviour of an exploit that is being exploited may be detected by the behaviour blocker and behaviour analysis. Or if the exploit is used to inject some malicious codes, the signature detection can detect the malicious code.Or if internet connection is needed to retrieve personal information on the victim's computer, the suspicious behaviour and connection may be blocked by the suite's firewall. Like other suites Emsisoft Internet security does a very good job at protecting a system.
Don't focus too much on Exploits and Ransomwares. They are often highlighted in the media and security vendors to sell and make more money.Common sense is your best protection when using the internet;)

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012

Thanks. This confirms the following:

I believe they are claiming it now. I think it was Fabian, himself, who said about anti-exploit of Emsisoft. But its functionality is limited to BB. Thus, depending on the actions of the exploit, it may or may not be blocked by the BB.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.