Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajay123

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 12, 2014
Hello Ajay123,

Did you happen to notice the name of any driver or the BSOD code (e.g. DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OERATIONS)?

Do you have Virtual Box installed?

You may need a Microsoft hotfix (verify that you need it before installing and install the correct version - 32 or 64 bit):

KB2958399

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2958399

Other than that at this moment I would suggest you register at the Emsi forum and post a thread under EIS. The support there is excellent and my experience is that your will issue will likely be resolved. Just to let you know although it make take a few days as support is available in the forum only...some back-and-forth comms.

If you choose to do so I would report the BSOD details (on W8 can be found in Action Center > Maintenance > Reliability Center > check date of BSOD and select red Xs > click on Windows crash in list).

Alternatively you can search the Emsi forums for BSOD/Blue Screen of Death/etc.
I've oracle VM installed on my lap.But i'm not using it...I've posted in EIS support forum regarding this issue and i hope that they will resolve this BSOD errors sooner..
Thank you :)

Reactions: tonibalas

Ajay123

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 12, 2014
You need to run this Hotfix to remedy the BSOD problem

HotFix for Microsoft Windows (KB2958399)

http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Windows 7/Windows Server2008 R2 SP1/sp2/Fix499765/7600/free/474557_intl_x64_zip.exe

If you have Oracle Virtual Box you will have to uninstall that also and make sure the Bridged network Adapter driver is uninstalled

Uninstall VB and then run the following command promt

sc delete VBoxNetFlt
Do i need to uninstall Oracle VM? ...I'm not using it..

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Do i need to uninstall Oracle VM? ...I'm not using it..
If you have it installed on your PC where you want to use EIS 9 then yes.You need to uninstall Virtual Box,I use a 3rd party uninstaller for this to remove anything leftover from the uninstall.You then need to remove the bridged Network Adapter driver by opening a command prompt as an admin and enter the following
Code:
sc delete VBoxNetFlt
and hit enter then restart your PC and go ahead with the EIS 9 install.You should have no problems with BSOD's if you have installed the hotfix and uninstalled Oracle Virtual Box as noted.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
I also won an Emsisoft IS license here in MT giveaway and i want to make 2 suggestions.

1) Try disabling the Firewall from IS because this the only important thing added in EIS in comparison to EAM.
Since EAM is not causing any BSOD maybe the new Emsisoft Firewall is causing the problem.
p.s.: I won the license but i didn't install EIS so i don't know if the above suggestion works.

2) I contacted Emsisoft support and told them that since EIS offers only the Firewall as an extra important component, i would like to use my key to install EAM but they told me that this key is only for EIS.
But if i really want to downgrade to EAM they could change the key since i would send them back the winning EIS key ( probably to check if the key is valid ).
I did sent them the key and after exchanging few e-mails they changed the key from EIS to EAM and now i have EAM installed in my system with no BSOD ;).

I hope i have helped:)
Helped much! I also won an Emsisoft License, but have not used it yet... , and now, I don't think I will. I am not computer literate enough to contend with a BSOD yet, and configure what all may be needed to run. I will look at EAM, or turn key back to exterminator20! Thanks

If you have it installed on your PC where you want to use EIS 9 then yes.You need to uninstall Virtual Box,I use a 3rd party uninstaller for this to remove anything leftover from the uninstall.You then need to remove the bridged Network Adapter driver by opening a command prompt as an admin and enter the following
Code:
sc delete VBoxNetFlt
and hit enter then restart your PC and go ahead with the EIS 9 install.You should have no problems with BSOD's if you have installed the hotfix and uninstalled Oracle Virtual Box as noted.
but I don't have a virtual box, so may be OK?

Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
but I don't have a virtual box, so may be OK?

This seems to be a Windows 7 SP1 problem only.EIS 9 runs fine on Widows 8.1.If you do not have Oracle Virtual box installed or have never had it installed then all you need to do is make sure you have the following HotFix installed on Windows 7 and there should be no BSOD problems

http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Windows 7/Windows Server2008 R2 SP1/sp2/Fix499765/7600/free/474557_intl_x64_zip.exe

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
This seems to be a Windows 7 SP1 problem only.EIS 9 runs fine on Widows 8.1.If you do not have Oracle Virtual box installed or have never had it installed then all you need to do is make sure you have the following HotFix installed on Windows 7 and there should be no BSOD problems

I still have XP sp3 on this computer... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.