Solved Emsisoft Online Armor blocking p2p(torrents)..need help in configuring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Hi..I installed EIS today..was really happy with it till i started my torrent client..Trackers were not connecting..I opened all the ports in the settings but still 1 or 2 trackers connected then after few mins they went offline..
Hence I need experts help in configuring the OA for p2p.

Any help is really appreciated
Thank You

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Did it also happens when u download other different torrent files from different torrent sites?

I was trying different clients and different torrents ..some are fine(max trackers connected) .some are worst(no trackers connected)
Tried with utorrent, bitcomt and bittorrent.
I am getting " tracker reply has no peer field"

Upvote 0

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Did u messed up with ur Emisisoft settings? i'm using online armor too & downloaded torrents without any problems. Disable ur security suite & try to download a torrent file.

Reactions: Venustus
Upvote 0

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Did u messed up with ur Emisisoft settings? i'm using online armor too & downloaded torrents without any problems. Disable ur security suite & try to download a torrent file.
i dont think i messed it up..when i started torrent client..trackers said connection timeout..that means no incoming or outgoing..but after i changed few settings i downloaded a torrent successfully..later added another torrent and i was getting this error " tracker reply has no peer field".. torrents downloads at very low speed and only 1 tracker keeps working

Upvote 0

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
damn....some torrents are working fine..some dont even start..and i am sure i am choosing torrents just fine with gr8 ratio..

Upvote 0

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
the torrent file which u downloading have good amount of seeds? if not then that's the reason or the trackers health are low & expired that's why some torrents are working & some not. Also try to update ur torrent clients if it's outdated. If u see any pop up from Emsisoft that it blocked connections or something like that when u try to download torrents then Emsisoft is the reason.

Upvote 0

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
the torrent file which u downloading have good amount of seeds? if not then that's the reason or the trackers health are low & expired that's why some torrents are working & some not. Also try to update ur torrent clients if it's outdated.

seeders are 20k and leechers are around 8k...health looks fine to me..anyways will keep observing..weird!

Upvote 0

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
are u using any VPN or proxy?

nope..first torrent was not even working..connection timeout..then i changed the setting to
Settings>>Firewall>>Rules>>Ports>>utorrent>>Edit>>in the windows Access=All..Direction=both..Logging=off..port list=all ports ie,0-655355

after that it started working again..was happy..then added another torrent of similar health..well then it connected only to 1 tracker then rest all said that error..

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I have never seen any third-party firewalls that will work good with downloading torrents, they all will impose limitations.

It is best to temporary disable third-party firewall when downloading torrents and only use Windows Firewall which will not have any limits.

Thanks. :D

Reactions: Arpith
Upvote 0

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Hi..I installed EIS today..was really happy with it till i started my torrent client..Trackers were not connecting..I opened all the ports in the settings but still 1 or 2 trackers connected then after few mins they went offline..
Hence I need experts help in configuring the OA for p2p.

Any help is really appreciated
Thank You
Dear friend, but it's got to have in order to protect you from the malware. If you like (maybe you're just in love into them) these torrents, you have to uninstall it out and that's okay - this what you don't know, this doesn't exist. No Armor - no viruses.

Reactions: Arpith
Upvote 0

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I have never seen any third-party firewalls that will work good with downloading torrents, they all will impose limitations.

It is best to temporary disable third-party firewall when downloading torrents and only use Windows Firewall which will not have any limits.

Hi Littlebits!
Comodo does not have this issue!
You can download and seed without any issues!

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Hi Littlebits!
Comodo does not have this issue!
You can download and seed without any issues!
It still will slow down your connection speed since all traffic has to go through their filter driver.
Try downloading and seeding torrents with Comodo disabled and Windows Firewall enabled and you will see.

Comodo might not block torrent traffic compared to other firewalls if you manually tweak it but you will still sacrifice some speed.

Reactions: Arpith and Venustus
Upvote 0

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
It still will slow down your connection speed since all traffic has to go through their filter driver.
Try downloading and seeding torrents with Comodo disabled and Windows Firewall enabled and you will see.

Comodo might not block torrent traffic compared to other firewalls if you manually tweak it but you will still sacrifice some speed.

Good point!:)
Admitedlly, I have setup rules for Bit Torrent!:
pp-yppjiflqibsgyfxzyzug.jpg

Upvote 0

Arpith

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014

hmm..so sacrificing is compulsory huh...damn..never had a smooth sail with any of the security suites in 2014..bad year for my computer..

Reactions: Terry Ganzi
Upvote 0

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014

I get same speed even i disabled my third party firewalls , comodo or online armor premium, whatever you say xD The only thing was blocking my trackers was MBAM ver 2.0 web protection, so i disabled it .

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.