Advice Request Emsisoft useful links

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Do you like Emsisoft?

• Yes

Votes: 115 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 10.2%

• Total voters

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
How does EAM check out the licence? I wanted to try out something, but it says, that the trial has expired. I have never installed EAM on this setup before and I have clean installed Windows on 14-Nov-17, obviously less than 30 days ago. I guess, that disabled Windows Event Log might have something to do with that. :unsure:
Same thing happened to me. I have reinstalled Windows once or twice since the last time I ran Emsi trial, but it still said my trial was expired. Weird.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I am a little uncomfortable with threads like this. There is a very fine line between providing useful information about a product, and advertising it, and I think this thread is, at best, borderline. particularly considering Umbra now works for Emsisoft. I'm not sure how MT would view this if he wasn't ex staff.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I think they use the machine ID to identify the device (It could be MAC address of the network card or any information about Motherboard etc.)
I never used any software like this before which use the Machine ID to identify the device.
I think ReHIPS does this, actually.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I am a little uncomfortable with threads like this. There is a very fine line between providing useful information about a product, and advertising it, and I think this thread is, at best, borderline. particularly considering Umbra now works for Emsisoft. I'm not sure how MT would view this if he wasn't ex staff.
Would be the same with any other devs; MT or Wilders, unlike many others "generic" forums (pretending banning self-advertising for the sake of their members but in reality just to push their own very expensive ad platform) allows companies to freely promote their products, it was always like that and why people like to come here, because we devs are also here and we don't feel "monitored" or "censored".

For example, at MT, i can promote or suggest (in a reasonable way, means not spamming) our products to people asking what they should use. I won't get "banned" then receive a PM from the admin telling me to register to their paid vendor program ....

So thank you MT for the freedom we have here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiny

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 29, 2016

The way I see it, practically every dev advertises their product in one way or another. As for useful information, I assume there are some forum users that have Emsisoft installed on their machines. It makes things easier having most of the information you might need in once place instead of having to look all over the net. I never knew where the forum link was before seeing this thread. I never bothered to look, to be honest, but here it is. :)

That being said, I use their product, so I would naturally think this is great for me and other Emsisoft users. Still, this is a place for gaining information. Surely others would benefit from one of those links posted?:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.