Battle Emsisoft vs. Eset Internet Security vs. BitDefender Total Security vs. F-Secure Safe (2020)

Compare list
BitDefender Total Security
F - Secure Safe!
Emsisoft Anti - Malware
Eset Internet Security
In-depth Comparison

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
Tot
Please , stop comparing an AV against suites, obviously the suites will give a all-around protection while the AV ( in this case Emsisoft) can't...
Total suites usually only include extra devices, password managers, data encryption etc and nothing new to protection, I have seen ZERO products who's total suites has something new to detection of malware.

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
Hello,
help me decide between these AV. I need full protection + friendly for RAM and CPU... Thank you.

Eset seems to be the best when it comes to system resources usage. If your goal is to look for a lightweight AV, I would recommend Eset.
As for "full protection", I think you should define better what you mean by it. Because you're comparing an antivirus (Emsisoft), Internet Security suites (Eset and F-Secure) and a full suite (Bitdefender). If you're talking about anti-malware components (signatures, cloud, behaviour blocker, ransomware protection), all of them provide decent protection. But the suites may add extras such as banking protection, parental control, password managers, system optimizers etc. So it doesn't look like we have a fair comparison here.
When considering anti-malware components + system impact only, my favourites are:
Eset > F-Secure > Emsisoft > Bitdefender.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Just to help get some facts correct here in this thread.

SAFE ain't a suite. TOTAL is, but one can actually choose to install or not any of it's 3 modules ( SAFE AV, Freedome VPN and Key password manager ). That, I'm not so sure about with Bitdefender TS and ESET IS. TOTAL also got one extra module, but that is for their router SENSE.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Just to help get some facts correct here in this thread.

SAFE ain't a suite. TOTAL is, but one can actually choose to install or not any of it's 3 modules ( SAFE AV, Freedome VPN and Key password manager ). That, I'm not so sure about with Bitdefender TS and ESET IS. TOTAL also got one extra module, but that is software for their router SENSE.

Well I do not see any difference in terms of protection between F-Secure Safe and Total. Total offers VPN and Key Password manager. The price of Total is insane. One should go for the Safe version and use their favourite VPN and Password manager along it.

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
SAFE ain't a suite. TOTAL is, but one can actually choose to install or not any of it's 3 modules ( SAFE AV, Freedome VPN and Key password manager ). That, I'm not so sure about with Bitdefender TS and ESET IS. TOTAL also got one extra module, but that is for their router SENSE.
Yes, it is. F-Secure Safe is an internet security suite that includes antivirus, banking protection and parental control. Unlike Emsisoft, which is an AV only (with signatures, cloud, web protection and behaviour blocker).

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Well I do not see any difference in terms of protection between F-Secure Safe and Total. Total offers VPN and Key Password manager. The price of Total is insane. One should go for the Safe version and use their favourite VPN and Password manager along it.
It's a Huge difference. Let me try explain.

SAFE is an AV and when combined with the VPN and also the Key password manager you just implemented 3 very strong layers at once, compared if one only install SAFE. Now SAFE itself comes with well enough features, but personal I also use the VPN.

The price is very expensive, I agree but I highly recommend check with possible local re-sellers. I seen discounts on 50%.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Yes, it is. F-Secure Safe is an internet security suite that includes antivirus, banking protection and parental control. Unlike Emsisoft, which is an AV only (with signatures, cloud, web protection and behaviour blocker).
Point of view.

Last edited:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
It's a Huge difference. Let me try explain.

SAFE is an AV and when combined with the VPN and also the Key password manager you just implemented 3 very strong layers at once, compared if one only install SAFE. Now SAFE itself comes with well enough features, but personal I also use the VPN.

The price is very expensive, I agree but I highly recommend check with possible local re-sellers. I seen discounts on 50%.

I see! Regarding the price, even with a %50 discount it is still expensive compared to other vendors.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I see! Regarding the price, even with a %50 discount it is still expensive compared to other vendors.
Correct, but personal I don't mind pay for good products and just recently went with the TOTAL package. I also pay to be better sure about the support.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.