End-of-Life announcement for Norton Security Scan

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Norton Security Scan will be retired for Windows platforms and will no longer be available for download after April 1, 2020. Norton Security Scan ceases functionality on June 30, 2020.

Why is Norton Security Scan being retired?

We strive to provide industry-leading and relevant security to help protect your devices and the information on them. From time to time, we assess our offerings and features to ensure value to our consumers and partners. As a result, we have decided to retire Norton Security Scan.

As of April 1, 2020, Norton Security Scan will no longer be available for download.

Is there a replacement solution for Norton Security Scan?

Unfortunately, there is no replacement for Norton Security Scan.

If you aren't a NortonLifeLock customer, visit our products page, and choose from our multiple range of products.

However, if you have an active NortonLifeLock subscription with Device Security, this feature is already part of your current subscription. You can install it on multiple devices depending on your subscription. To know more, read Install Norton Device Security.

I have other questions and need help, where can I go?

Please post your queries in Other Norton Products board.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm not familiar with Norton Security Scan -- correct if the information is wrong.

During my web search I found 2 versions;
1. Trusted mirror sites like Softpedia and MajorGeeks - this may be an out-dated version.
2. Fake version by (GoClickGo Marketing) - modified version.

Visiting the Official landing page for Norton Security Scan https://security.norton.com/GetNSS.aspx the Installer redirects to 404 Not Found, but has the same URL as the GoMediaGo Marketing Inc.

1591452690113.png

1. If the file is downloaded from a trusted Mirror ie. Softpedia, MajorGeeks - Only options is to remove, as it's Expired.

Norton_Security_Scan_005.png

2. Downloading from Pro-Scareware - Norton Security Scan from GoClickGo Marketing Inc. - This is a Functioning, yet Fake?
Code:
nortonsecurity [dot] com/ns-us/free-scan.html
https://liveupdate [dot] symantecliveupdate [dot] com/upgrade/NSS/SymCCIS/Production/NPI/estorecj/2143530/Setup[dot]exe

Norton_Security_Scan_001.png Norton_Security_Scan_002.png Norton_Security_Scan_004.png
Norton_Security_Scan_003.png Norton_Security_Scan_006.png Norton_Security_Scan_Fake_007.png

Edited.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.