Enhanced Tracking Protection

eXDj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
With ublock origin and nano adblocker the shield icon Enhanced Tracking Protection not show !

Reactions: oldschool

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
Maybe it's because ublock origin and nano adblocker are already blocking trackers and the icon is not showing if there is nothing to block.

Reactions: oldschool

eXDj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
in filter list
Multifunctional clears everything,intimacy clears everything,ads clear adguard mobile ads,built-in disables ublock filters experimental and privacy
and now ok inclusiv for malwaretips.com
but for google.com not work :(

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I tried Firefox with only the built-in ad blocking and tracking on. It seems very aggressive and blocks parts of some sites I don't want to be blocked. With Adguard, everything is OK even if I don't disable the built-in tools.

eXDj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
^with adguard for windows or extension?
and what filters you have activate ?
in google.com you see the shield icon of ETP in firefox 69 ?
i can see any diference in adguar (cost 54 euro for liftime) and ublock origin +nano adblocker

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
With ublock origin and nano adblocker the shield icon Enhanced Tracking Protection not show !

First, why are you using µBO and Nano Adblocker together? They are basically the same thing. Just use one of them and disable the built-in TP because extensions will block first before built-in tracking protection.

Firefox's Tracking Protection is not an adbloker, that's not its purpose. It blocks some trackers and as a result blocks some ads too. For complete adlocking experience you should still use an adblocker like uBlock Origin.

Built-in Tacking Protection in Edge Dev, etc. works same way = tracking protection which will block some ads. Depending on which setting is chosen it may cause some site breakage.

Edit: @Back3 if you're using Adguard extension then using it with built-in should be fine. This is the proper way to use the two together: built-in + adblocker like @SeriousHoax explained. If you use desktop Adbuard, then disable the built-in.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Edit: @Back3 if you're using Adguard extension then using it with built-in should be fine. This is the proper way to use the two together: built-in + adblocker like @SeriousHoax explained. If you use desktop Adbuard, then disable the built-in.
[/QUOTE]

I use the extension. Thanks.

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
You can verify if it's working or not here: Block AdBlock test page
OgINBrao_o.png
:D(y) Opera.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.