Jan 27, 2024
How it's used?
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
On-device encryption
N/A
Log-in security
    • Biometrics (Windows Hello PIN, TouchID, Face, Iris, Fingerprint)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Access Control
Always notify
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time security
Kaspersky Free + OSArmor 1.4.3 + CryptoPreven free + MWFC + some anti-exploit settings.
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall with Advanced Security
About custom security
Some settings in Kaspersky modified for maximum protection, CryptoPreven default Settings, OSArmor almost all options checked and some custom blocks.
Periodic malware scanners
NPE
ESET Online Scanner
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
N/A
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome + ubo + Bitdefender
Librewolf + ubo + Language tool + simple translate
Secure DNS
System OISD - Full Controld
Desktop VPN
ProtonVPN free.
Password manager
None.
File and Photo backup
External disk and pendrive.
Active subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
RollBack RX Home free + Hasleo Backup Suite daily backups to another 6tb disk.
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Gaming
Computer specs
AMD 3000G
Rx 570
32GB ddr4
2 ssd+2 hdd
What I'm looking for?

Not looking for any feedback.

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
You can consider using a password manager, for example, Bitwarden or Keepass, if you use Kaspersky antivirus, then Kaspersky also has a password manager, only the full functionality is available in the paid version.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
And Bitwarden is getting some improvements as well.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Crypto Prevent is no longer developed...
@harlan4096 not suggesting you are incorrect: BUT see the link, it looks like it is still being developed or updated?? I am not using it, have not used it in years++ :unsure:

Reactions: harlan4096

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Shows latest version was released in May 2023 so I doubt it.
That looks to be the case, doesn't it.
crypt.jpg

crypt exe.jpg

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Shows latest version was released in May 2023 so I doubt it.
? no offense, were you referring to CryptoPrevent or something else? Looking around d7xtech.com fka foolishit, it reads like it is active. :unsure: I used several of his apps several years ago.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
? no offense, were you referring to CryptoPrevent or something else? Looking around d7xtech.com fka foolishit, it reads like it is active. :unsure: I used several of his apps several years ago.
Yup, CryptoPrevent, I found the same info Jonny did. I assumed that since a new version hasn't been released in 10 months that the possibility exists that it is not in development anymore. You would think that it would have to keep up to Windows changes.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Yup, CryptoPrevent, I found the same info Jonny did. I assumed that since a new version hasn't been released in 10 months that the possibility exists that it is not in development anymore. You would think that it would have to keep up to Windows changes.
I used to be involved with his software / website, and he answered email. Now I'm curious about CURRENT CryptoPrevent and will see what I can find out, thanks.
EDIT d7xtech website has webmail for support questions, tried but it did not send, no clear reason given. I used an anonymous duck address thru vpn, so not going to worry about it.

EDIT2 I read CP blog about May 2023 update. Ref win11 no SRP but "Be assured that in the absence of other errors, you are assured that CryptoPrevent’s core protections are in fact enabled and working as expected."

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.