Advanced Security eonline security config 2024

Last updated
Sep 3, 2024
Main use of this computer
For sharing
Operating system
Linux
OS version and support details
Ubuntu 24.04.1 LTS
On-device encryption
Other full-disk drive encryption software
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Not applicable - not running Windows
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
Real-time protection
none
Device firewall
Built-in Firewall for Mac/Linux
Custom security settings
none
Periodic malware scanners
none
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
N/A
Browsers and extensions
Chrome + ubo + Bitdefender
Firefox + ubo + Language tool + simple translate
Secure DNS
Adguard
Desktop VPN
FastestVPN
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
File and photo backups
External disk and Terabox
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
Hasleo Backup Suite backups to another 6tb disk.
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Gaming
Computer specs
AMD R5 1600AF
Rx 6800
32GB ddr4
2 ssd+2 hdd
Notable changes
14/6/2024 Only CD set to max and MWFC.

Testing syshardener+Windows Hybrid Hardening Light + Hardentools
Windows Fresh install -6-6-2024
Feedback preference

Only essential issues, please

And Bitwarden is getting some improvements as well.
 
Crypto Prevent is no longer developed...
@harlan4096 not suggesting you are incorrect: BUT see the link, it looks like it is still being developed or updated?? I am not using it, have not used it in years++ :unsure:

 
Shows latest version was released in May 2023 so I doubt it.
That looks to be the case, doesn't it.
crypt.jpg

crypt exe.jpg
 
Last edited:
? no offense, were you referring to CryptoPrevent or something else? Looking around d7xtech.com fka foolishit, it reads like it is active. :unsure: I used several of his apps several years ago.
Yup, CryptoPrevent, I found the same info Jonny did. I assumed that since a new version hasn't been released in 10 months that the possibility exists that it is not in development anymore. You would think that it would have to keep up to Windows changes.
 
Yup, CryptoPrevent, I found the same info Jonny did. I assumed that since a new version hasn't been released in 10 months that the possibility exists that it is not in development anymore. You would think that it would have to keep up to Windows changes.
I used to be involved with his software / website, and he answered email. Now I'm curious about CURRENT CryptoPrevent and will see what I can find out, thanks.
EDIT d7xtech website has webmail for support questions, tried but it did not send, no clear reason given. I used an anonymous duck address thru vpn, so not going to worry about it.

EDIT2 I read CP blog about May 2023 update. Ref win11 no SRP but "Be assured that in the absence of other errors, you are assured that CryptoPrevent’s core protections are in fact enabled and working as expected."
 
Last edited:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top