Advice Request ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR on particular sites

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I performed a preliminary test in my K.Plus 2021 21.5 RC (with Anti-Banner + Private Browsing modules disabled) + Mozilla FireFox, and I could access without any issues to all the sites reported in that thread in Kaspersky Community.

Let me some time, and later I will test also in my lap with KTS2021 MR3 (g)...

Did You check how many Kaspersky root certificates do You have installed in Your system?

Also check this: What to do if Kaspersky notifies about untrusted certificate or connection not protected | Kaspersky Community

superleeds27

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
I performed a preliminary test in my K.Plus 2021 21.5 RC (with Anti-Banner + Private Browsing modules disabled) + Mozilla FireFox, and I could access without any issues to all the sites reported in that thread in Kaspersky Community.

Let me some time, and later I will test also in my lap with KTS2021 MR3 (g)...

Did You check how many Kaspersky root certificates do You have installed in Your system?

Also check this: What to do if Kaspersky notifies about untrusted certificate or connection not protected | Kaspersky Community
The issue popped up out of nowhere and only affects a single site for me - that I know of.

The thread obviously shows more sites others have issues with.

Nothings changed in terms of config. Happens on all 5 machines here, including a new laptop/install yesterday.

They're looking into it, but still. 48 hours and nothing and this is the second time in a month it's happened

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
This seems to be affecting a few sites I visit. Anyone else had the same?

Might have to look for an alternative if it continues to be an issue :(
Try switching off the HTTPS filtering of Kaspersky.

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
OK, I tested in my KTS MR3(g) (Anti-Banner + Privacy Browsing on, but none of them blocking anything) and I could reproduce the error, or similar, in FireFox:

1641638738738.png

Failed secure connection An error occurred connecting to mapgenie.io. The page you are trying to view cannot be displayed because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified. Contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

But after some tries it finally finished working fine and loading ok 🤷‍♂️ weird 🤔

And as I told in my 1st post, with upcoming Kaspersky Plus versions, now in 21.5 RC status, working fine since 1st time:

1641638820347.png

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Ok, found something, after a system reboot I started to get again the issue, I did all the tests with this Kaspersky setting disabled:

1641639837386.png

I enabled this setting, closed the browser FF and open it again, and tacham! this time works fine the site.

This is how I have this setting in my systems:

1641639916562.png

These are my DNS in my W10:

1641639972044.png

And I have set this in my FF:

1641640020471.png

superleeds27

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
It's a weird one. Not sure what's causing it. Sites I had issues with where fine in the morning then not working by the afternoon.

Just found out it won't be fixed until 31st Jan - 14th Feb.

Surely this warrants an immediate fix

Last edited:

superleeds27

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
No, it does not
You've got a program that's causing issues to browsing experience. Your average Joe who has no idea how these things works, who loves Kaspersky because it's a set and forget and does it job in the background, is no longer working correctly.

How do they know, or how do they distinguish between a site that broken because of the AV and a site that's just broken?

How do they know there's an issue when there's nothing official, just a few lines in a forum post?

It's been a known issue apparently since December too.

Reactions: cofer123
F

ForgottenSeer 93475

This seems to be affecting a few sites I visit. Anyone else had the same?

Might have to look for an alternative if it continues to be an issue :(
I'm having the same problem with Youtube
Quick fix Stop checking encrypted connections
Here thread in the Kaspersky community talking about the issue that appears to be fixed in the upcoming H patch

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.