Pestudio
ProcessExplorer
File and Photo backup
OneDrive
System recovery
Macrium Reflect - Acronis True Image 2019
I

illumination

You're right, but sometimes it seems like it's out there ...
It certainly can seem that way sometimes, but most of this is over hyped at least on the consumer end, and it can invoke irrational enthusiasm in security products... ;)

Simply put, if you are capable of running all those products at the same time, you are most certainly capable of remaining safe with just one or two.

erreale

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Oct 22, 2016
It certainly can seem that way sometimes, but most of this is over hyped at least on the consumer end, and it can invoke irrational enthusiasm in security products... ;)

Simply put, if you are capable of running all those products at the same time, you are most certainly capable of remaining safe with just one or two.

You're definitely right. But it is not always possible to rely on just a couple of programs, especially when you are not alone in using that PC. When you are not the only one to access the system, "you have to" exceed a bit with security systems, to prevent damage done by other less experienced.

I

illumination

You're definitely right. But it is not always possible to rely on just a couple of programs, especially when you are not alone in using that PC. When you are not the only one to access the system, "you have to" exceed a bit with security systems, to prevent damage done by other less experienced.
If you're referring to that significant other, that when they are on the computer and you see them doing something risky, and you go to mention it, and they give you that look that states "2 am will be rough waking to a cast iron across the noggin"... Then i fully understand, as i have one of those as well ;)

It is why i run 2 realtime products when i could actually get by with one or the other. I tightened the security down some, but left it easier to manage because of the shared partner. As i can not control what the other does while on the system, i lock it down just enough to keep the usability, and then make sure i have everything personal constantly backed up "just in case", as this is the best you can do when it comes to shared machines, at least when it comes to the other party sharing not wanting to run on a limited account as in my case.

erreale

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Oct 22, 2016
Remove
  • Binisoft WFC
  • ReHIPS

Added
  • Sandboxie (on demand)

Reactions: harlan4096

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Why droped ReHIPS for Sandboxie ?
which firewall you will use now?!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.